Hi, this is Tina from Hi-max

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tina Zhang

Registered
Reaction score
Good day, everyone.

I am a new fish in scubaboard, hope can learn something about scuba diving gear knowledge, especial the dive light and video light. If someone can help, welcome to contact me. What I want to learn is:

1. What lumen dive light when you in different dive height?
2. How long will you dive one time generally? Any special?

Thank you!
Tina

Hello Tina and welcome to ScubaBoard.

You have a couple of good question. But in the introduction forum you might not get very many answers. Try posting you dive light question in the basic scuba forum and the video light question in the video forum.

Happy Bubbles...
~Oldbear~

First, welcome to SCUBABoard.

I shoot underwater video on every dive. For lighting I use the Sola 1200s and 2000s. They are usually set at 500 lumens until I need higher levels. For night dives though, I usually set them at mid-level. In bright sunlight sometimes I have to use the highest setting to bring out colors due to the high level of ambient sunlight. For example, filming a flamboyant cuttlefish at 500 lumens during daylight doesn't help to bring out the beautiful colors. Using the highest setting will partially balance the level of sunlight.

Most of my dives in my home waters (Catalina Island off Los Angeles) last 60-90 minutes and the lights are usually on all the time. However, if I'm doing longer dives (say in the warm waters of the tropics as on a trip to the Philippines my individual dive times may be 2-2 1/2 hours and I may do two dives before recharging my lights) I try to keep the lights on at the lowest setting until higher levels are necessary or keep them off (during daylight) until needed.

Thanks for your suggestion, Michael

---------- Post added November 5th, 2014 at 01:08 PM ----------

Ok, i see, thank you so much to sharing with me. You are so nice! If you have some articles about this, don not forget to let me know, I will be a good reader, lol~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom