Hi fellow divers! New from Southern Cali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone! I finally created an account after reading so many helpful posts from all of you! I appreciate the opportunity to learn from everyone's knowledge! I live in So Cal and dive Laguna 24/7, and love boats to Catalina, Anacapa, Santa Barbara... you get the idea! I got certified this last May though NAUI. I currently have my AOW so now my dive boat options will no longer be limited!! YAY to that! I dive all the time!! I'm on dive 69, tonight will be dive 70!! I love diving like all of you!

Beach diving, boat diving, it's all great!

I must admit, I am totally overwhelmed with this site! I want to ask around to see if anyone knows of a boat going to a certain location but I cannot figure out where to post it! I guess I can mess with the site later and try to figure it out. I suppose I should get back to work anyhow...

See you all in the water :)

Welcome to the Underwater World and the world of the SCUBA Board

May I suggest that you goggle Legends of diving "Orange County -Did you know ?" You will discover that recreational diving began in OC.

FYI Anaheim's fist dive shop was on the NW corner of Brookhurst and Cerritos

SDM
(NAUI instructor #27)

Sam! Wow!! Thank you for the great info! I am going to google this right now! That is so fascinating! Wow! We had the first dive shop too? Awesome! :D

Welcome to the board, Katw!

Since you are in So Cal, you should check out our So Cal area here on ScubaBoard, here SoCal

As for boats, California Dive Boats : The Official Page is a great reference. Starting in February, we will be running local charters as well.

I hope to see you making bubbles!

Sam! Wow!! Thank you for the great info! I am going to google this right now! That is so fascinating! Wow! We had the first dive shop too? Awesome! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first dive shop in ANAHEIM. Aquatic Center ...moved to Newport and sold several times but still has the same name.

Suggest you also Google "Legends of Diving" - Sea Sabres Signaling System - The Underwater signaling system was developed by one of the founders of the Aquatic center, Bob Reutherford

I was the third underwater instructor or as it is now called SCUBA instructor in OC -- but that was many moons ago.

SDM

Welcome to ScubaBoard and the amazing 70% of "The Water Planet" that relatively few get to see firsthand

Scubatude pointed to the California Diving News site which lists regional dive boat schedules and where they are going.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom