New to diving and this site!! Looking to sell a few items also..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StevenS985

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just started with this wonderful hobby ... I own two sets of the new apeks xtx200 and 50 regs ... Suunto cobra 2 computer scubapro seawings gorilla edition and salvo 35w hid light is my newest stuff... I looking for advice on selling my camera and housing it's a ikelite with nikon d100 also have some dive rite reg sets and apeks... I'm just a open water diver and also would like to know more about cave diving and best equipment I should get... Thinking about side mount?? Any advice is appreciated ... Thanks

Please tell me y it's removed?? I'm new here telling about myself about info on how to post stuff for sale?? And info on cave diving..

---------- Post added November 17th, 2014 at 02:12 AM ----------

Anyone have any info thanks!!

Welcome to ScubaBoard and the 70% of The Water Planet that relatively few ever get to see firsthand.

Spend some time adding to your dive experience with dives under varied conditions and get used to it before heading off into cave or sidemount diving

Welcome to ScubaBoard and the 70% of The Water Planet that relatively few ever get to see firsthand.

Spend some time adding to your dive experience with dives under varied conditions and get used to it before heading off into cave or sidemount diving

This.

You have a lot of new expensive equipment, start using it before getting any more.

Agreed I want to work on Buoyancy control.. I'm ok but can use improvement ... I've been selling equipment on eBay.. Friend of mine dad past last yr and was a cave wreck rescue photographer for 20yrs and I bout all of their equipment.. Since I have the money laying around I was just going to start looking into gear for the caves but not go in them I've seen some really nice training I like but he was in Mexico lol ima start looking in Florida I guess ... Also where is the section you post things for sale here? I can't wait to become a master diving and maybe more!! Any good recommendations on an instructor for the caves?? Thanks everybody ...

Hi Steven, If I was you I would get as much diving experience in open water before I would even think about cave diving, you should have at least 100 dives in before you start cave training, plus this tech training is not cheap so you should master bouyancy and wreck diving first.

Thanks for the reply... I will def do the wreck diving class and continue to work on buoyancy... Right now money isn't a issue... I'm going to study as much as I can so when the time comes I'll be prepared.. As for the equipment I always find deals and as I wait till I'm ready for caves I was thinking maybe keeping a open eye for gear and maybe snatch it up as I go... Also thinking about a rebreather .. Will be atleast a yr before I get that one though lol. And if getting equipment now to then is a bad idea I would still like to study the art... I know I have to be patient I need time I this hobby before moving forward!! Just excited I guess lol !! I love animals ... Sea creatures and the adventure!!

Even though money isn't an issue and you have it "just laying around" I suggest to save your money for now and wait until you're ready to use the equipment that you buy. There will be plenty of equipment available to buy once your ready to use it.

Also, keep in mind that you're just someone behind a computer that just created an account on Scuba Board. Don't be offended if people are going to be reluctant to send you thousands of dollars for your gear and hope that you are legit..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom