Newly certed Central Florida DIVER!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kapn.K

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone. My name is Steve and I'm on the East Coast of Central Florida near the Space Center. Just got my O.W. after almost 44 years in anticipation of a cruise going to Costa Maya and Roatan in January(JamCruise 13). Did my checkouts in Pompano the weekend before last. Just joined your great site today and have been educating myself for the past week about different features of each piece of equipment. This site has certainly helped along with my LDS.
Thanks for having me.

Glad to have you. Florida's got some sweet diving in places similar to some Caribbean sites. I suggest you consider, in this order:

1.) Key Largo with Rainbow Reef Dive Center - my trip report.

2.) Jupiter with Jupiter Dive Center (or Captain Sl8er should be fine, too) during the goliath grouper aggregation or the lemon shark migration - my trip report.

And you'll want to read up on shore diving Blue Heron Bridge.

In Costa Maya hopefully you'll see a black grouper; I did, and they get pretty big. Thing is, you've got them in Florida, too.

Richard.

Welcome Steve. We're happy to have you here. Congrats on a job well done. I know you will enjoy your cruise - and blowing bubbles!

Welcome to ScubaBoard and the 70% of The Water Planet that relatively few get to experience first hand

Welcome. as you are in our neighborhood check out Vero Beach Scuba club on Facebook. We dive a LOT in the area and always welcome new divers!

Back
Top Bottom