Dive log software?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all, getting back into diving after 5 years out and was wondering what is a good dive log software for both my wife and I? Had one last time (cant remember which one) but I could do a user profile and dive logs for both of us in the same program.
Any suggestion of a good one that I can use for both of us?

Thanks
Rodney

Divinglog 5.0 is a great program very customizable but it is paid software so I would check its demo out and also look at subsurface. In my opinion I found subsurface which is free a little clunky and it wasn't as easy to do bulk edits and log the info I was looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 for Subsurface, its free and actively evolving . Started by the guy who started / leads Firefox it just keeps getting better.

There's ours:

Capture.jpg

I use diverecord.com but it's not as full featured as some of the others and exports aren't easy. Although it does write excel formatted files when you do.

I've been using Divinglog for 3 years or so. It's been very stable, is searchable, and you can customize the categories. The price was, IIRC, about $30; I thought it was not unreasonable at all.

I've played with Subsurface a little, but Divinglog has a much more polished "feel" to it.

Another here for Subsurface, and it does get better every update that comes out (you can now do some heavy dive planning in the last full update)

I don't know of any where you can see both dive logs at the same time (... in 1 window ... hint hint), but with Subsurface, you can make a file for each of you and use the same program, or download both into 1 file if you don't care about the dive #'s relating to your personal dive # (which you should be able to do in any of those programs).

BRad

I use a combination of subsurface and divelogs.de. I use subsurface to download the dives of my computer and after I am done annotating them, I upload them to divelogs.de. That way I can use the new viewer app on my iPhone to bring up my dive history should I be asked for it by an operator.

Thank you very much for all the responses. I will have a look at them both. Any Brisbane divers Know of some close shore dives to get back into diving before we go for a boat dive, more for me than the wife as she is very experienced.

Cheers
Rodney

Back
Top Bottom