Hi Everyone! (open water dives)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MC88

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
First post on this website just had a couple questions about completing my open water dives.
I have previously done intro to scuba courses and have done 2 dives in Roatan and one in Bahamas.
Decided to go ahead and get certified, and have now completed my classroom and pool dives here at home and am travelling back to Roatan in a couple of weeks to complete the 4 open water dives.
I am travelling with another family member who is certified and was just wondering about the process for the open water dives...

I'm assuming majority of the time spent on the four dives will be concentrated on skills etc.
Is it normal for my dive buddy to be on the same dive with me or is something completely different because i am trying to get certified and should he wait until i finish my dives so we can go together.

I guess what I'm asking is that is it 100% skills on these dives or is there a bit of time for recreation which is what i was used to on the first three dives i have done.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom