Hi from new member/total pre-beginner diver :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J-

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi All

I'm new to the forum and I'd like to say hello.

I'm about to do my PADI open water course (awesome 40th birthday present). I'm English and living in Ras Al Khaimah, UAE.

Any tips for getting started. Pitfalls to look out for would be great.

I've bought my mask and snorkel from a Dubai dive shop and expect to do the course next month.

Best

James

Congrats! You live in such an awesome area for diving and I am jealous. Good luck with your course!

howdy and welcome.....enjoy the underwater world.

Welcome to the forum! This is the best forum that I have found so far, so you are in a good place.

You asked about pitfalls. One of them is not to ask here before purchasing. The other one is to do it and get buried in an overwhelming amount of contradicting suggestions and not beeing able to decide :wink: Generally though, people try to help, and the advice is usefull.

You will soon be offered many different diving courses and specialty certifications, ranging from advanced open water diver to night diving to underwater theatrical performer and more. Further, there are many certification agencies offering their courses: PADI, NAUI, CMAS, SDI, and many more. You have a lot of choice would you like to learn more (it's optional). Some people may tell you that for example a lobster diving course is useless, but if you happen to love lobsters... things change. Shop around wisely. Know what you want, purchase only what you need, and enjoy diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom