Help My Padi Book doesn't have the Quiz sheets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andy383

Reaction score
Hey All,
I just started a scuba class last week and our assignment for this monday is to do the quiz questions for chapter 1 and 2. I borrowed the book from a friend of mine and I just realized that when he took the class he cut out the quiz pages and handed them in. Can anyone write the quesitons out for me so that I can hand the assignment in and not look like a total sandbagger? It would be a huge help. Thanks a ton.
-Andy

Do you need the Knowledge Review for Module One and Two of PADI Open Water Diving? I have a manual published 1990. I can type it for you only if its the same one.

...it also say's on the bottom of each of those missing pages "this page may not be copied or reproduced in any manner without written consent from the publisher"

It's called copyright law, and whether you agree with it or not, You are supposed to spend the $29 and get a book with the pages still in it.
If the cost of the book is going to break you, then you really can't afford to dive anyway (opinion).

You know what andy383, Islandhopper's right about the copyright law.
I sent you a PM to explain the copyright law. :wink:

Looking at the CD Version, I didn't see the copyright. They are PDF's, that are required to be printed... So this bring a delema on how do you reproduce the pages to turn in... :06:

Chris

"Knowledge Reviews may not be reproduced in any form without the written permission of the publisher."

That's the exact quote from the bottom of the KR pages in my RescueDiver book ... I'd assume they were there in the OW book as well.

In any case... the point I really wanted to make, is that if the poor guy can't afford the $29 book, can he really afford to dive at all ??? God knows, if he can't afford $29 then he certainly can't BUY equipment, and that's also about the cost of rental equipment for one day...

IslandHopper:
"Knowledge Reviews may not be reproduced in any form without the written permission of the publisher."

That's the exact quote from the bottom of the KR pages in my RescueDiver book ... I'd assume they were there in the OW book as well.

In any case... the point I really wanted to make, is that if the poor guy can't afford the $29 book, can he really afford to dive at all ??? God knows, if he can't afford $29 then he certainly can't BUY equipment, and that's also about the cost of rental equipment for one day...
I'm not sure if this is an accurate description of copyright law. You are NOT allowed to make complete copies of texts. However - for educational purposes - you ARE allowed to make single page copies as long as you quote the original source and copyright holder on each copied page. I was not aware that it was compulsory to buy any PADI manuals to complete their courses (it might have changed since I did OW) personally I never owned my own OW manual - although I do have the AOW and Rescue manuals. I was also never required to do the knowledge review in a written form - only verbally (again that might have changed). I think that if a school or instructor requires some form of written assignment where there is no actual compulsion to buy the source manual beforehand - the school or instructor should provide the written test themselves. When I did my OW I wasn't in a position to buy my own gear - or even to do much diving past the OW course itself. Times change - now I can afford to dive a lot - and I have (IMO) very good gear (DiveRite Transpac II /Rec Wings/Apeks T50/40 Regs etc) Maybe because I got my C-card and wished to dive gave me more incentive to pay for it!!

(By the way - I am a teacher and this view of copyright law was part of my training - it's been tested in court and it's accurate. If it wasn't, thousands or more teachers worldwide would be sued every year)

Andy:

Ask a buddy or friend in your open water class if he would not mind copying the knowledge reviews for you . I would not think thats a big problem.

If not, you can go online & buy the latest edition in which i hope the one you have is current. I know you can save alot their than buying off your local dive shop.

i hope it will work out for you.

later

Just buy the book...or...

maybe some one would retype the questions for you for $30 or so. LOL

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

Yeah, just buy the book. If you don't like the idea of spending money, then you're in the wrong sport!!

don

BTW - it would really help if you'd complete your Profile...

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom