Greetings from Minnesota

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Y

New
Reaction score
I've been poking around scubaboard for awhile now; it is an excellent source for dive information. So I finally joined!

Yes, there is diving in Minnesota. There are many lakes to dive, the best being the northshore of Lk. Superior - lots of wrecks. Although it isn't the warmest, clearest water you'd ever been in, I seem to enjoy it nevertheless. And here I can indulge in my favorite type of diving: ice! :froze: I also take the monthly pilgramage to Lk. Superior for superior wreck diving.

Well, be talking with you . . .

Glad you found us! This is a great place to spend your SI, but watch out, it's addictive!

Great Lakes Wrecking Crew is a good place to find some local friends

Howdy Mark!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only.

don

BTW - it would really help if you'd complete your Profile...

:D

Welcome aboard.

Lake Superior, near Munising. Now I'm in water that's a little warmer....last time I wore a wetsuit was about 4 years ago visiting a friend in Monterrey, CA. My brother (also named "Mark," by the way) works for the MN Dept of Natural Resources and lives near Lake Okoboji. Last time home I wanted to to a dive there, just for a change of pace from Guam (and I think it would have been #4,000 or something significant) but too many niece/nephew activities scheduled to allow it. Maybe next time. I saw in your profile that you did Palau...did you stop in Guam on the way there? I've been here about 8 years, but haven't gotten over there yet....one of these days.

"Maybe next time. I saw in your profile that you did Palau...did you stop in Guam on the way there? I've been here about 8 years, but haven't gotten over there yet....one of these days"

Yes, we had a stop over on the way into Chuuk, between Chuuk & Palau, and on our return trip from Palau - so I've been to Guam three (3) times! Unfortunately, I know the airport all too well. What about some of the dive sites? What'd you recommend?

If you ever get to Minnesota, look me up - although I'm far away from 4,000 dives!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom