Hi from Wellington

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alijtaylor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
:thinkingo I have also been hanging about, riding the surge from others posts for some time and have learned a lot. I hope that posting will get rid of that annoying little header that instructs me to do so. Scubaboard is already in the favourites list so I don't need that advice.

I have this week just finished my underwater photography course and confirmed a booking to Galapagos in late November, things are really developing in terms of my dive interests.

Glad you found us! This is a great place to spend your SI, but watch out, it's addictive! (But I think you've already found that out)

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave I envy your trip to the Galapagos!

don

:D

Just wondering, are you going to the Galapagos alone? I am really interested in going but am reticent to do so with out a partner.

I'm not trying to invite myself, just wondering what your decision making process was.

K

Charmygirl asked about going to Galapagos alone. " Just wondering, are you going to the Galapagos alone? I am really interested in going but am reticent to do so with out a partner."

My decision making process was easy. I do not currently have a live in partner much less one who is interested in diving. I have travelled quite extensively on my own and find that alone I am much more likely to talk to the locals and other travellers than if I had my own travelling companions.

I am travelling with Lammerlaw which books singles into their double staterooms at the standard price but on basis you will share with another single of same sex - if none turn up you get stateroom to yourself. That is quite common in the Galapagos I think.

On other liveaboards I have done people on their own is common so finding a buddy is not a problem and I hope in Galapagos they all have reasonable experience..

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom