Greeting from Tokyo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Meitaro

Reaction score
I am a novice diver living in Tokyo, Japan. I just got an open water license at Okinawa last month. Excited visiting Saipan next week with my old swimming team friend.
I found the ScubaBoard discussion quite informative and revealing. Particualry, the discussion whether divers should carry independent air source like SpareAir. I asked the same question at several dive shops here in Tokyo. The response was universally negative. I wonder if the buddy system is working here. You may be interested to know Japanese people’s life insurance coverage is the highest in the world.

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

BTW - it would really help if you'd complete your Profile...

:D

始めまして 私 は むかしい 大阪 に すんでいました。 私 の いけん は SPAIR AIR もし BUDDY DIVING を しなかたたら は やくにたつ です。 もし 40 メター より ふかく もぐったら やくにたつ です。 ごめんなさい 日本語 は へたくそ です。

I don't know if this message board can show kanji....or if you are actually Japanese. Sorry for my poor Japanese. Welcome to the message board. I think most divers don't need a spair air...a pony bottle is better, more air....but if you dive with a good, safe buddy, and stay in recreational depths (less than 40m) it is not necessary. But, of course, it is MORE safe to have more air.

Welcome to the board next time you are down in Okinawa we will have to get together and dive!

Glad you found us! This is a great place to spend your SI, but watch out, it's addictive!

It seems to me quite a number of folks from Japan are signing on, and joining the fun lately! Has something been added to the water? :D

Nori, thanks for the information. I saw your website. The photo of the Porcupine fish ハリセンボン was very nice. Was it a night dive? I'm sure everyone who uses Scubaboard can speak English. Most of my divers are Japanese, so it is good that I can use kanji here, if I want to show them a photo, etc. Thanks.

Hi Chris, thank you for visiting my website.
The photo was taken on daytime in Okinawa. Your Japanese is good rather than my English skills.

Meitaro, Welcome to the board, I live in Yokohama.

I could read the Japanese. And your Japnese is very good! :11ztongue :11ztongue I know a larger pony bottle is better than SpareAir. But I placed an order to SpareAir because Pony is to bulky to carry around.

Meitaro

Iruka:
始めまして 私 は むかしい 大阪 に すんでいました。 私 の いけん は SPAIR AIR もし BUDDY DIVING を しなかたたら は やくにたつ です。 もし 40 メター より ふかく もぐったら やくにたつ です。 ごめんなさい 日本語 は へたくそ です。

I don't know if this message board can show kanji....or if you are actually Japanese. Sorry for my poor Japanese. Welcome to the message board. I think most divers don't need a spair air...a pony bottle is better, more air....but if you dive with a good, safe buddy, and stay in recreational depths (less than 40m) it is not necessary. But, of course, it is MORE safe to have more air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom