First dive trip and Scuba Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishLips

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

So glad to find ScubaBoard! I've already learned a lot here.

I got OW certified on Apr 4, then went for a week in Bonaire. I'm hooked! What a fabulous experience. Our friends couldn't believe I was diving, since I'd always been fearful to get in water for any reason before. But life changes things! Learning to dive was the hardest thing I've ever done. What I found most interesting is that the just the idea of diving caused so much fear in the beginning, but it turned into the thing that became so calming and magical.

I got an underwater case for my Canon digital camera before the trip, and I was pleasantly surprised with the pictures! I used up my air faster when taking pictures though. The avatar picture here was one of the first ones I took, it inspired the name FishLips! I had a problem with the rechargeable batteries in Bonaire - the batteries would show a full charge after about 30 minutes in the charger. Then they would go dead in the middle of the dive. The power on Bonaire is weird, like 127 V and 50 cycles, or something like that. Anyone else have any issues with electronic devices while traveling?

I just found out about the Scuba Show in Long Beach on May 22-23rd - anyone going? I need to learn more about equipment before I spend the big bucks. I'm kind of overwhelmed by all of the choices. Probably even more so after the show, but hopefully I'll learn a thing or two.

Kelli
FishLips

Howdy Kelli!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

BTW - it would really help if you'd complete your Profile...

:D

You are going to be so glad you found this board. I have been diving for 15 years, yet have learned so much in the short time I have been on SB.

As for the scuba show, check out the threads as there are a number of people going who have posted threads about it.

Welcome to SB and to diving!

K

Hi Kelli,

I'm a new diver here in Orange County and just like you am somewhat overwhelmed with the choices of equipment. It's a big investment and I want to be sure I get the good/right stuff. If you go to the show I'm sure you can get some good info. But, like you said, it could be more confusing. Talk with your LDS and read the vast amount of info. here on the board. Just be able to seperate opinion from fact. Good luck.

FishLips:
I just found out about the Scuba Show in Long Beach on May 22-23rd - anyone going? I need to learn more about equipment before I spend the big bucks. I'm kind of overwhelmed by all of the choices. Probably even more so after the show, but hopefully I'll learn a thing or two.

Kelli
FishLips

Welcome to the board.

There is an entire So Cal contingent going to the show. Here is the current thread on the subject.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom