looking for an Irish dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TEMU

Reaction score
Hi there! I'm Irish/American, want to go back to Ireland for a vacation after 2 years absence and also want to go diving. Since i can't do both i'd like to go on an Irish dive trip for a hit of boating blarney. I'm a beginning but athletic diver, 52, and aug/sept/ or jan/feb/march are my best times. I'm a landscaper so the summers are out. Love latin music so a trip in the southern climes would be great, but i think i'd like to explore a live-aboard trip. Anybody out there with any suggestions?

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

You might search or ask in our Uk forum, or Trips forum...?

don

:D

TEMU:
Hi there! I'm Irish/American, want to go back to Ireland for a vacation after 2 years absence and also want to go diving. Since i can't do both i'd like to go on an Irish dive trip for a hit of boating blarney. I'm a beginning but athletic diver, 52, and aug/sept/ or jan/feb/march are my best times. I'm a landscaper so the summers are out. Love latin music so a trip in the southern climes would be great, but i think i'd like to explore a live-aboard trip. Anybody out there with any suggestions?

I cann't help you with Ireland, but I am going to be in NM much of June. Can you tell me is there any diving opportunties there, especially aroung Alburqurque?

cann't help you with Ireland, but I am going to be in NM much of June. Can you tell me is there any diving opportunties there, especially aroung Alburqurque? Would appreciate any input or ideas!

"Mora duit ar maidin" (Good morning ) I used to live in Ireland (Cork). Never dove there though. Welcome to the board from the cold waters of New England USA.

Hi, I'm Irish and I would advise Aug/Sept against Jan/Feb/March . . . there's lots of boat diving all over the country. Go west coast somewhere scenic.

Or to be different, why not try out Northern Ireland - very undervisited by tourists and absolutely scenic - bound to be some great diving up there on the coast but I've never been diving there, to my shame.

bobsea43:
I cann't help you with Ireland, but I am going to be in NM much of June. Can you tell me is there any diving opportunties there, especially aroung Alburqurque?

Hye Bob!

Have you looked at a map of New Mexico? Can you say "Great American Desert"...??

There is one popular hole we use for practice and training not far from ABQ. See: http://www.scubaboard.com/t54557.html

You can get tanks, fills and weights there, but that's all. There are some other possibilities, but mostly - it's better to fly to Los Angeles. :D

annie:
Hi, I'm Irish and I would advise Aug/Sept against Jan/Feb/March . . . there's lots of boat diving all over the country. Go west coast somewhere scenic.
I'd agree with Annie, if You're coming to dive in Ireland come in late Summer. there are plenty of great dive sites all around the Irish coast, but the west is the most Beautiful. :10:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom