Testing the Waters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Baabwa

New
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just found out about this site today while attending the Ocean Festival 2004 here in bee-yoo-tee-ful Ft. Lauderdale, FL. A guy who was walking in ahead of me was kind enough to give me an extra ticket he had (and if he happens to read this, I thought you were cute!) and when I asked him where he got it, he had a friend who was associated with ScubaBoard.com who gave them to him. I mentioned I wasn't a diver yet but looking to take lessons and he recommended I check out the site. So here I am.

I'll probably wind up taking my initial cert lessons up in Orlando, where my friend Kim who is interested in getting certified but sort of timid to do it alone. Her husband is already certified but she's been scared to "take the plunge". I actually took lessons back in college but was too busy working 2 jobs and going to school to finish. A bunch of us went on a cruise last year and my friend's husband and another friend went diving in Grand Cayman and I was just drooling over their pictures, so... I decided it was time to go back and get my cert after all this time. Funny how my friend Kim was hoping I'd forget about wanting to take lessons!

So greetings to all and if anyone has any recommendations about training and dives in the Ft. Lauderdale area, I'd love to hear them. And if you are a Jimmy Buffett fan, I'd love to hear from fellow PHans as well!

Have a great day!

Barbara

Hey there Barbara!
Glad you made it to Oceanfest! There were a bunch of us from ScubaBoard walking around today. Did you try the discover Scuba there? Regardless, I hope you find a good instructor (there are a lot here on ScubaBoard) and get certified. You will learn a lot here on Scubaboard, and will soon find out what to look for when choosing an instructor.

Once this wind dies down, we will be doing a lot of beach diving. Of course all are welcome to join the party!

Howdy Barbara!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only.

don

BTW - it would really help if you'd complete your Profile...

:D

welcome aboard

lots of florida people on here; you'll never want for a buddy

come on down to the Florida Conch Divers forum and
you'll see what i mean:

http://scubaboard.com/f55.html

Hey Baaaaabwa... :D

welcome to Scubaboard! I teach Scuba through my Venture Crew and you can find us @ www.ScubaDucks.com The site will be updated later this week with a class schedule! We take it slow, and make sure we teach a complete class. Hope to see you in the water soon!

Ahoy there Baabwa! Welcome to the board!! Feel free to jump in anywhere and ask questions or just leave your 2psi. :D You may be intersted in the Florida Conch Divers section of the board where many of us from FL coordinate meeting up for dives, getting together, trips around the state to different dive sites, and some general prattle about diving.

Another forum that may interest you is The Art of Scuba Diving. Under that heading you'll find New to Scuba, Dive into Fitness, Public Safety and many more that as you become involed with the sport may or may not interest you depending upon where your intersts grow.

C~

Barbara, Welcome to the SB, a Great Forum. Good luck in getting you OW Certification. I put it off for 50 years and finally went a did it last August and have been "bubbling" ever since. Take Care

Baabwa:
Hi all,

Just found out about this site today while attending the Ocean Festival 2004 here in bee-yoo-tee-ful Ft. Lauderdale, FL. A guy who was walking in ahead of me was kind enough to give me an extra ticket he had (and if he happens to read this, I thought you were cute!) and when I asked him where he got it, he had a friend who was associated with ScubaBoard.com who gave them to him. I mentioned I wasn't a diver yet but looking to take lessons and he recommended I check out the site. So here I am.

I'll probably wind up taking my initial cert lessons up in Orlando, where my friend Kim who is interested in getting certified but sort of timid to do it alone. Her husband is already certified but she's been scared to "take the plunge". I actually took lessons back in college but was too busy working 2 jobs and going to school to finish. A bunch of us went on a cruise last year and my friend's husband and another friend went diving in Grand Cayman and I was just drooling over their pictures, so... I decided it was time to go back and get my cert after all this time. Funny how my friend Kim was hoping I'd forget about wanting to take lessons!

So greetings to all and if anyone has any recommendations about training and dives in the Ft. Lauderdale area, I'd love to hear them. And if you are a Jimmy Buffett fan, I'd love to hear from fellow PHans as well!

Have a great day!

Barbara
You should definitely get your Cert. We need more women in the sport.

You are going to be so glad you found this board. I have been diving for 15 years, yet have learned so much in the short time I have been on SB.

Welcome to SB and to diving!

K

Welcome to the board and to the sport, Barbara. Sorry I missed meeting you at Ocean Fest - I was there all three days. Drop by to meet some of your neighbors at Florida Conch Divers when you get a minute.

Welcome to the sport (soon) and to the board,
Grier

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom