New in Vancouver, BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seal diver

Reaction score
Hello Everybody,
I discovered this board today surfing the net. It looks like a great place!
I moved to Vancouver BC recently and unfortunately don’t know any divers here yet. If you guys can recommend great shops here, please write me.
I hope I'll meet some of you soon!

Hi seal diver.. Welcome to SB!

Great wealth of knowledge here and I believe there are few+ divers from your area on this board.. Good Luck with locating a buddy!

WG

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Don't miss our Dive Clubs for Canada and Pacific NW...

don

:D

Hi,
I am also new to this scuba board and am also a Vancouverite... well, sorta. I am a bit more south of the city so I can only recommend the shop I deal with which is in Whiterock. They are terrific there, but I am sure there are lots of other great shops around as well.
If you like to see seals when you dive (as your name implies), there are plenty around. I saw some today in fact, as well as sea lions, but they weren't playful and curious like the the one who nibbled my buddy's fin on another dive!
Welcome to Vancouver, and this board :)

Glad you found us! This is a great place to spend your SI, but watch out, it's addictive!

Don't forget to check out Western Canada for even more folks from your neck of the woods.

Hey, another BC person. I'm from Surrey. If you're downtown, go talk to Mark at IDC. He's on this board quite often. Welcome to the board.

I also go to a shop in White Rock. Ocean Pro. I'm sure this is where Diver Debbie goes too by the sounds of it, cause there aren't any other dive shops around here.

seal diver:
Hello Everybody,
I discovered this board today surfing the net. It looks like a great place!
I moved to Vancouver BC recently and unfortunately don’t know any divers here yet. If you guys can recommend great shops here, please write me.
I hope I'll meet some of you soon!

You are going to be so glad you found this board. I have been diving for 15 years, yet have learned so much in the short time I have been on SB.

Welcome to SB!

K

If you have any other questions, feel free to email, or post in the Western Canada section for us locals to answer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom