Hello Also from Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rpenoyer

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a brand new diver, just got certified on St. John while on vacation. I live in Jacksonville Florida, and found this board by accident. I am a software engineer, married, two children 9 and 7. In addition to my new hobby, diving, I also maintain a large salt water reef tank.

My interests in diving are to explore what North Florida diving has to offer, however, I am not so sure about cave diving. I would like to dive on some wrecks/articfical reefs. Any advice would be great.

Robb

Welcome to the board Robb! Check out the Florida Conch Divers and the multitude of tech related threads. Enjoy!

Welcome to the board!

Joe

hey robb, welcome aboard. you could visit my site (link below) to get a sense
of the diving here in Jacksonville.

have fun!

Ahoy there rpenoyer! Welcome to the ScubaBoard!! Feel free to jump in anywhere and ask questions or just leave your 2psi. :D A forum that may interest you is the Scuba Board Clubs section of the board where many of us coordinate meeting up for dives, getting together, trips around the state to different dive sites, and some general prattle about diving with others from our state/regions.

As a new diver, you may be intersted in the forums under The Art of Scuba Diving. Under that heading you'll find New to Scuba, Dive into Fitness, Public Safety and many more that as you become involed with the sport may or may not interest you depending upon where your intersts grow.

Thanks for signing up, we look forward to diving with you soon! :D

Welcome to the board and congratulations on your recent certification. Mind if I ask what size aquarium you have?

Wow, what a great welcome. Thanks for the links and such. I didn't even condsider there might be groups in the area - very cool.

ps: My tank is a 150 gal with a 75 gal sump. ~110 lbs of live rock.

R-

Back
Top Bottom