• The big message at the top of the page

Votes: 32 21.9%
  • After lurking I decided to start here

Votes: 24 16.4%
  • A search engine lead me right here

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • I don't remember why

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My first post was made before this forum existed!

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ted S

SB Co-Founder
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I know many of our new memebrs go right to a subforum and post a question never to be heard from again, while those members who start off here tend to be more tied to the community, this of course begs the question -- why did you post here?! So if you first posted in this forum please let us know, what factors caused you to start out here instead of somewhere else?

This may not be what you are after, but my 2nd or 3rd post was here. My first was to a thread that was on a skill I was having trouble with. After seeing so many helpful replies and no bs flames I decided I wanted to stick around to learn more and help others so I wanted to get rid of the message telling me to post here. I didn't feel like a real member seeing that message up there every time I logged on.

Joe

I have been here so long I couldn't remember so I voted for the next best thing: "My first post was made before this area existed!"

I post on other forums and my understanding is if admin offers an intro area...that is the proper and polite place to start.

The poll is missing an option - I never posted in this forum because a search engine lead me directly to a forum in which I was interested and I registered to participate.
On all my early visits I just used the search option and never even spotted this forum.
Probably my twisted way of doing it differently.

I never posted here, I should have- to introduce myself. But I guess were beyond that by now some 260+ post's later.

I posted here because I am new to diving and don't seem to have anything of value to add to any of the discussions yet and all of my questions (including some questions I hadn't thought about asking) have been answered using the search function.

But, look out, I will be asking questions pretty soon!

Hi!

I am a non-diving spouse of a diver. I am trying to get a better understanding of his diving 'obsession'. I hope my lurking does not offend.

jsteffen:
Hi!

I am a non-diving spouse of a diver. I am trying to get a better understanding of his diving 'obsession'. I hope my lurking does not offend.

Spy ALERT!!!!!!!!! - Love this community, members have a good understanding of the subject, and you can definitely learn a lot from hanging around here.

My first posts were on a long thread that included someone that was seriously bashing and agency that I know a little about.

I told him to chill out and go diving, turns out he is an exec from a competing agency and he HAS written "a better course" (sic) than the one he was bashing. As a newbie to the board it took me a little time to recover from telling a high priest of diving that he had issuses and should go dive some more.

Back
Top Bottom