Don't bite - I'm new

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stingray1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
:11: Hi everyone. I'm new here and hope to make some friends. That shouldn't be too big of a problem since we all already have one thing in common - WE LOVE TO DIVE! :wink: Anyways, I'm an SSI diver, alright calm done PADI's :eyebrow: I'm not a shark just funnen with you all. Nah, seriously, I am really looking to make so friends in the diving community and hopefully some dive partners. And don't let my crisp new c-card fool you, I've actually been diving a long time just became harder and harder to get my tanks filled and get those things that the dive shops want to see your card for :11: but that taken care of now. Thank goodness, I had developed a couple of bad habits. I looked at my spg as I turned my tank on and I didn't breathe on my regs BEFORE I turned on my air and I put my mask on top of my head instead of around my neck. Thank goodness and 325 dollars later I don't do them things anymore. My instructor (who happens to be a captain of a dive rescue team) said that I made things to easy for him. I've got a whole lot to learn though but at least now the doors are open for me.
Well, I've said my hello and left my invitations and open for hello's back. Thanks

howdy!

stingray1:
:11: Hi everyone. I'm new here and hope to make some friends. That shouldn't be too big of a problem since we all already have one thing in common - WE LOVE TO DIVE! :wink: Anyways, I'm an SSI diver, alright calm done PADI's :eyebrow: I'm not a shark just funnen with you all. Nah, seriously, I am really looking to make so friends in the diving community and hopefully some dive partners. And don't let my crisp new c-card fool you, I've actually been diving a long time just became harder and harder to get my tanks filled and get those things that the dive shops want to see your card for :11: but that taken care of now. Thank goodness, I had developed a couple of bad habits. I looked at my spg as I turned my tank on and I didn't breathe on my regs BEFORE I turned on my air and I put my mask on top of my head instead of around my neck. Thank goodness and 325 dollars later I don't do them things anymore. My instructor (who happens to be a captain of a dive rescue team) said that I made things to easy for him. I've got a whole lot to learn though but at least now the doors are open for me.
Well, I've said my hello and left my invitations and open for hello's back. Thanks
mask on your forehead-dangerous,you may encounter some fellow divers who,ll actually call for emergency help because you look like a panicked diver,lol,welcome to the board

Aloha and welcome to the greatest board on the web!

alemaozinho:
mask on your forehead-dangerous,you may encounter some fellow divers who,ll actually call for emergency help because you look like a panicked diver,lol,welcome to the board

Glad that I went through the training to break my bad habits. That would be a bit embarrassing.

Sue-ba Lips:
Welcome. You can learn alot on this board.

I sure that I will. I've been monoriting this site for quite some time but never posted before because I felt like a renegade diver without a c- card.

I can relate... most of my life was spent without the benefit of a c-card. I did learn quite a bit in reading the book and even some skills with my instructor. I'm just glad I didin't die holding my breath... which was a biggie I didn't know about!

Welcome. Sicne I'm relatively new to the St Louis area, where is Beecher with regard to St Louis? I know you said you dive Mermet, just wondering where else we could blow bubbles. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom