Hi from Missouri!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tabasco1955

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am new to ScubaBoard so an introduction is in order. I live in Central Missouri and dive the lakes in Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas. I have not had an ocean dive yet but am planning a dive trip to Cozumel in January which I am looking forward to very much! I have been actively diving for about 3 years now, I am currently certified by SSI but was origianlly certified by PADI back in 1982. I was actively diving for about a year and then stopped until 3 years ago. I am soon to complete my Master Diver certification and plan to do so in the next month or two. I am looking for a dive buddy/buddies in my general area so I can get more diving in without being limited to organized and group dives.

I am currently considering/researching pony tanks and underwater cameras/housings and would appreciate input from those of you that are knowledgable in these areas.

Feel free to drop me a line anytime, for any reason, even if only to say Hi!

Benvenuto a bordo!!
If you go on the Underwater Photographie you will find many info about that matter.

Hello neighbor! Sounds like you might dive Table Rock, Beaver or Norfolk. I did my OW at Beaver in Aug of 99. I haven't dove Norfolk yet but hope to. Have you tried Oronogo or Bonne Terre? They are on my list. I am a PADI class/NAUI checkout diver who has switched to SSI also. Currently working on my Dive Con rating.

Welcome to the Board
Becky

nauifins73:
Hello neighbor! Sounds like you might dive Table Rock, Beaver or Norfolk. I did my OW at Beaver in Aug of 99. I haven't dove Norfolk yet but hope to. Have you tried Oronogo or Bonne Terre? They are on my list. I am a PADI class/NAUI checkout diver who has switched to SSI also. Currently working on my Dive Con rating.

Welcome to the Board
Becky

Well Hello back to you neighbor (Becky), glad to hear from you! Sounds like we have similar backgrounds. Yes, I dive Table Rock, Beaver, and Bull Shoals are a fairly regular basis, I haven't been to Norfolk yet but am itching to go as soon as I can round up a buddy to go with me. I am planning to dive Stockton Labor Day weekend, going camping there so I might as well take advantage of the situation! I just got back into diving about 3 years ago, up until that time I was a PADI certified OW diver, since I became active again I joined an SSI dive shop/club in Springfield and have taken my AOW (boat, deep, night, advanced navigation), Nitrox, S&R, First Aid & CPR, DAN O2 Administration, and now just need 13 more dives to get my Master Diver certification. After (or before) that I am contemplating entering the Dive Con training but I'm focusing on the Master Diver right now! Actually I have a night dive planned for Table Rock this weekend and I'm going to try and work in 2 or 3 more dives while I'm there. I just got back from diving Beaver this last weekend, Beaver is a good dive! No, I haven't dove Oronogo or Bonne Terre yet, I hear Bonne Terre is a good dive but somewhat pricey compared to what I'm used to. Do you have any good diving where you are from?

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom