Diving in Playa Del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveExtreme22

Contributor
Reaction score
hey guys, im new to this site and im going diving in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico in about a week, and i was wondering how it was. im only 15 so my parents wont let me do the cave and cenote diving or any wrecks, but i wish i could. im just an open water diver, so does anyone know any good dive spots to go to that are 70 feet or below, and life you might see there, ect. thanks a lot

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

For more on PDC, use our Search feature, or just look around our Mexico forum.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

Have fun on the trip and wecome to the board.

Welcome to the board! Like Don said, post over in the Mexico forum and you'll get lots of info. I dove a few months ago in Puerto Morelos which is a bit North of PDC.

Hi & Welcome to the board......
on your question regarding Playa del Carmen, I am going there tomorrow returning on the 14th., if that gives us enough time before your trip I'll be glad to give you an update then. Drop me an email at mochapman@houston.rr.com so I can reply directly to your address late, late on the 14th.

When doing ocean dives, I have used Dive Mike. They are very good and extremely safety conscious. The owner is from Denmark and I have also had very good feedback from the people I have refered to them. You can take a look at www.divemike.com

Good luck with your diving and school and welcome to our great sport.

Safe diving,
Maria

Welcome...and enjoy your stay at this board...you will anyways.

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Take your time and don't be in too much of a hurry to dive in caves, cenotes and wrecks. You'll be doing all of that in due time. Enjoy things that aren't deep dives first. This will give you time to develop the skills needed for the more challenging dives that I'm sure you'll be doing in the future. Also, remember that you'll get more bottom time out of the same tank in shallower water and more time means more fun!

Check out the Mexico forum for more info about Playa del Carmen and check out the Tek Talk forum for the future diving you're anxious to get to.

Dive safe,

Christian

Shallow dive do mean more time and more fun and generally more fish and more to see, so don't be disappointed to stay above 60'.

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom