HY new here from Ft lauderdale Fl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eclps0

Reaction score
Hy I am new on this forum. I am from ft Lauderdale Fl i am 20 years old and love snorkeling, i want to do scuba but as of now i can not because of my heart disease (the pressure will mess with my heart)

I got a? For u guys, I just bought a Coleman navigator 4 person inflatable boat. My? Is, is it safe to bring out into the ocean and tie it to my hand with about 30 ft of rope.

I wanted to use the boat because me and my friend are going to dania beach to the coral reefs which is about a half mile off shore...

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

Are you using the boat to snorkel. If so, I would not tie it to your hand. If something were to happen and the boat was dragged off, you would be dragged off with it. Just hold the rope. Don't tie it to you.

Welcome to the board!

BTW, there are multiple reef lines at Dania. If you go off of the south end of the pier parking lot, it's only about 400 yards or so to a very nice bit of reef.

Good luck,
Grier

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Too bad you can't Scuba, but good to follow doctor's orders. For the best answers to your question, I'd ask on Florida fourm.

don

Welcome to Scubaboard. Check out the Florida Conch divers Club. There is a lot of local info, especially for Broward County. Plenty of reefs to snorkel and there are a few on the board who use kayaks and inflatable diveyaks also. heres the link to one
http://www.scubaboard.com/t34600.html
a couple of those posts have some really good info, what to expect, and tricks and tips. Good luck, and maybe we'll see ya out there!

welcome aboard

boy, did you find the right place :wink:

Welcome!!!!
I second murphdivers286. Just hold it, don't tie it.

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Sound advice from murphdivers286. Otherwise, if a boat snagged the line from your inflatable, snorkeling could turn into water skiing! :11:

Be safe!

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom