Love to dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seandixie

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just thought I'd join another forum(is there any time for work with this damned internet thingy about?) :10: Wow! How many smilies you got! I've been diving for about four years, mostly Thailand and Red Sea and I think it's time for a career change. I'm just posting a greeting here first so haven't had time to look at the rest of the forum, but I'm looking for some advice on moving up through the PADI system in order to become an instructor. I've a lot of teaching experience in physical diciplines-any advice?

Sean Dixie

What level of certification have you completed to date? How many dives have you logged, and under what conditions? The way to proceed with your training is dependent on your answer to these questions.

(I'd definitely recommend working on some of the specialties, such as Nitrox, night, deep, etc. as you progress througth the OW/AOW/Rescue/DM/OWSI courses.)

Welcome to the board,
Grier

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

I'll leave the advice for becoming an instructor to the more experienced members of the board, but I agree that answering Grier's questions will help provide a basis for well thought out answers.

Maybe someone can suggest which of our forums might be good to look into as well. I'm not sure which to suggest, but am hoping to prompt someone to post suggestions.

Dive safe!

Christian

Ditto!

Welcome to the board, remember, the more information we know about you, the better advice you'll receive

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

You are totally welcome all over our board, but check out our forums for UK, Africa, and Asia.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any help, PM me direct.

:D

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

I agree with Grier. Just don't take something you love to do to relax and turn it in to a job you hate. I'm not trying to discourage you. I just want you to think. Good Luck.

Hello and welcome to the board!

thanks for your replies, unfortunately I can't get to a computer so often. I'm quilified to PADI advanced and have logged about 40 dives all in the Red Sea and around Thailand. Last year I did a live-aboard in the Similan Islands(I really can't recomend Sea Dragon divers enough) I was so motovated I really do want to go back and complete my Divemaster there. Am just waiting for my girlfriend to finsh her PhD.

seandixie:
Hi all,
Just thought I'd join another forum(is there any time for work with this damned internet thingy about?) :10: Wow! How many smilies you got! I've been diving for about four years, mostly Thailand and Red Sea and I think it's time for a career change. I'm just posting a greeting here first so haven't had time to look at the rest of the forum, but I'm looking for some advice on moving up through the PADI system in order to become an instructor. I've a lot of teaching experience in physical diciplines-any advice?

Sean Dixie

Hi from Matt,

Welcome to SB! I came here to look for help with my scuba diving dream and the response has been fantastic. So, I know you will enjoy being a member here.
There are a lot of nice and informative scuba divers. It's a good place to meet other divers and share experiences and dreams. Take care from Matt. :scubadive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom