Hi from Vancouver Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charris

New
Reaction score
Hello all - just joined the group. My wife and I had such a good time diving in SE Asia over the winter that we've started here at home on Vancouver Island. A very different game with water temp even summer here of around 50 degrees F. All the serious divers are using drysuits so I guess that's where we are headed too. All tips are welcome from experiance people who can help us avoid common pitfalls. Thanks in advance. Looking forward to scanning all the forums and gaining some knowledge.

Pretty place ya live. Aloha and welcome!

You will love diving up there (I know I do) Many Pac NW dives I have done up around the San Juans have been as great as anything I have ever seen tropical. Completely different but just as much ( and in my opinion sometimes more) life and things to see. About dry suits- they are great, and women especially seem to prefer them, but I am one of those oddballs who seem to stay warm all the time, so I dive a single 7mil suit (not even farmer john/jacket style) and stay pretty warm. Just wanted t point that out, if the expense of 2 drysuits is allittle much all at once, there are plenty of us who choose to dive wet :wink:

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

As my wife would say, brrrrrrrrrrrr

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Yeah, I'd have to have a dry suit to dive there!

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any help, PM me direct.

:D

Wet or Dry it is all good. I am a wimp when it comes to cold water but I dive wet and stay warm with a 7mm farmer john set up. Of course I have never dove when the temp was below mid 40's. :frosty:

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Welcome to the Board! you should come here and dive!

charris:
Hello all - just joined the group. My wife and I had such a good time diving in SE Asia over the winter that we've started here at home on Vancouver Island. A very different game with water temp even summer here of around 50 degrees F. All the serious divers are using drysuits so I guess that's where we are headed too. All tips are welcome from experiance people who can help us avoid common pitfalls. Thanks in advance. Looking forward to scanning all the forums and gaining some knowledge.

Hi from Matt,

Welcome to SB! Have you looked into one of DUI's dry suits? In my opinion they are the best. I am good friends with a few people at DUI. I came here to look for help with my scuba diving dream and the response has been overwhelming. So, I know you will enjoy being a member here.
There are a lot of nice and informative scuba divers. It's a good place to meet other divers and share experiences and dreams. Take care from Matt. :scubadive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom