Hiya All

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bacon Bits

Registered
Reaction score
Newbie to this board, looking around and so far see alot that I like to read....Looking in particular for subjects/threads relating to cruise diving as that I'll be going on one in late september to the western carribean. Need info on what to bring and which operators to use....this will be my first boat dive to boot! Not too thrilled on bringing BCDs, thinking about renting them along with fins and diveskins....Any suggestions out there? :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Welcome to Scubaboard. Hope you find the info you are looking for. You can start here
or here

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

BRING YOUR GEAR!!!!

My wife and I went on a cruise a little over a year ago. The diving was great, but I sure wished we would have had our own gear then. Leaking regs, worn out BCs. Never again for me. MY GEAR ALL THE WAY. It will be worth it!!!

I'm really torn betweeen bringing my own BCD. I got an older model sherwood outback, and it's heavy. Maybe I'll sell it on eBay....and get a lighter one. Just concerned about lugging it around after the morning dive and getting it back to the ship then getting back ashore for anything else...maybe I should just dive both morning and afternoon! LOL
Any suggestions as to use of a 3mm or dive skin in either coz or georgetown? Hate to be caught with the "shorts" down and be uncomfortable. I've never dove other than a quarry in Pa. up here in the north. That's about the only thing you can dive w/o a dry suit! I've dreamed about how you "southern" divers lived for a long time.......LOL Thanks in advance for any replies

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any help, PM me direct.

:D

Heya and welcome to the Board!.... When we did our cruise last summer, we didn't have time to do anything topside, we were only in the port for a short time (7 day cruise) Like my husband said before, I had wished we would have had our own gear. The only other thing I might suggest is renting gear from the dive shop on the boat (Royal Caribbean has one). Remember, DO NOT bring a dive knife in any of your gear, they kind of freaked a little when we did, it made getting our luggage take forever!

Bacon Bits:
Newbie to this board, looking around and so far see alot that I like to read....Looking in particular for subjects/threads relating to cruise diving as that I'll be going on one in late september to the western carribean. Need info on what to bring and which operators to use....this will be my first boat dive to boot! Not too thrilled on bringing BCDs, thinking about renting them along with fins and diveskins....Any suggestions out there? :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Hi from Matt,

Welcome to SB! I came here to look for help with my scuba diving dream and the response has been fantastic. So, I know you will enjoy being a member here.
There are a lot of nice and informative scuba divers. It's a good place to meet other divers and share experiences and dreams. Take care from Matt. :scubadive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom