New Member-Gay Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new member here looking forward to reading the posts and learning from everyone.. Does anyone know of any gay friendly clubs? I have been in an alternative relationship for 15 years, we are both professional and down to earth. Sometime it is difficult to go on dives where some of the patrons have a closed mind...

Well, you most certainly have a stronger experience base than me but I have always thought of the diving community as a whole, a more tolerant bunch...

Just out of curiosity how does your private life come up within a dive setting?

Well, welcome to the board!! I hope you have nothing but positive experiences here.

Getting any diving in this summer?

Welcome to the board. I am sure of any gay friendly clubs but have found that most divers are very accepting of alternative lifestyles. I am sure you will find that here. Talk to the people in the club section for your area and they may be able to direct you better then I. Does you partner dive? Again welcome to the board.

We were in the Belize and the Divemaster came out in front of the other divers and asked if we were a couple! It is not like we are obvious.

rmediver2002:
Well, you most certainly have a stronger experience base than me but I have always thought of the diving community as a whole, a more tolerant bunch...

Well, welcome to the board!! I hope you have nothing but positive experiences here.

Getting any diving in this summer?

Houstondiver:
We were in the Belize and the Divemaster came out in front of the other divers and asked if we were a couple! It is not like we are obvious.

Not sure why your personnal life is a divemasters business, be it a gay, lesbian or hetro relationship.

Did you at least have a good time?

rmediver2002:

I'm also curious about this. Divers are like any other group of human beings; by and large fairly decent and tolerant. The only prejudices I've seen since starting the pastime have generally been of the masonic-cliquey-we'respecialbecausewedive type, rather than the homophobic bigotry type.

But welcome anyway, and I'm sure you'll find these boards have much to offer.

Sorry to hear it...

Were you able to enjoy the dives anyway?

I loved Belize, in fact thinking back my favorite experience down there was just snorkling around on the inside of the barrior reef

cobaltbabe:
Not sure why your personnal life is a divemasters business, be it a gay, lesbian or hetro relationship.

Did you at least have a good time?

Yes, I totally agree with Marie on this point!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom