Time to say Hi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spectrum

Dive Bum Wannabe
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Actually not a diver (yet) But we are avid snorkelers. I'm in southern Maine (USA) and have been in the water 70 times since June 2, it's been a good season so far. With shorter days we're pretty much confined to weekends now and hurricane season makes getting n the ocean tricky.

My wife joined me in the water this year and when and if she's ready I hope we can get certified. I'm gung-ho and ready but we're so busy I don't want to invest in a sport like this if it will mean even more time apart. Meanwhile we're having a great time up near the top where the water's warmer. Even that's relative, for the ocean here any day in the 60's is a cozy day!

We've invested in some good gear so we have a head start should we decide to take the big plunge. Meanwhile we have a good relationship with a LDS and feel that the ability to try before you buy and service we're gotten after the sale makes it the way to go. Not always the cheapest but for my liking it's the best value.

Meanwhile I'd love to hear about favorite warm water snorkeling destinations, here or via PM or email. A big trip would be nice some cold wither week!

Regards,
Pete

Welcome to the Board Pete!!! Even if you are not a diver yet, there are lots of forums that you will find interesting. If you use the 'search' function with the word 'snorkeling', there are threads already with good ideas for your snorkeling trip. Sounds like you found a good LDS for your needs... good customer service and the willingness to go the extra mile is always a good sign.

Glad you found us and hope you find what you need. Feel free to PM or email me if I can be of further help.

cheers,
Maria

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

You'll probably find lots of great info here for when you and your wife are ready to get started.

Snorkel safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Welcome to the Scuba Board! I'm new this year also. Just certified in July. I love it. It's a lot different than snorkeling. Your down there with the fish and they don't mind that your there. I haven't sent many messages, but I read most of the Threads. Have
fun diving !

Welcome to the boards! Good luck on getting certified if you decide to do so! My name is Kayla, and I have been diving for two years now. If I can help you with anything, or if you would like to chat, or have questions, PM me! Otherwise, I hope to get to know you better around the boards!

Safe snorkeling!
Kayla :dazzler1:

Benvenuto a bordo from the middle of Mediterranean sea. :wavey:

:sunny Hi there! My name is Matt. Welcome to Scuba Board! I came here looking for help with my diving dream. I’ve met a lot of nice divers and many helpful divers too. I think you will get the information you need from SB. I look forward to reading more of your posts about your diving adventures. If you’d like to chat, please PM me.
I am looking forward to seeing you some more around the boards!

-Matt- :chicken:

Howdy!

I just want to join the others in welcoming you to SB. Hope to get to know you around the forums.

Snorkeling is a good gateway to Scuba. You learn about breathing thru your mouth in faith, wearing a mask and clearing it, fin control, etc. Just be sure you read DAN's article on Shallow Water Blackout if you're doing any freediving.

Completing your Profile and seperately - keeping your Dive Info up to date helps in future diving discussions. PM me if I can help you learn your way around.

don
:pirate:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom