New Diver Saying Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba V

Reaction score
Hello all. My husband and I live in Pasadena, CA, are newly OW certified and will finish up our advanced class this weekend. We are in the process of selecting good quality gear, which (sadly) appears to equate with parting with an awful lot of hard earned cash! I have been checking out a lot of the threads for ideas on gear and underwater cameras and you seem like a friendly and helpful bunch. We will be leaving for Hawaii in a couple of weeks so I may try hitting you all up for some info before then. Glad to know there is so much great info out there and that people are willing to share their experiences and opinions with newbies like us!

Hello there! Congrats on getting OW certified and good luck with AOW! I'm jealous, Hawaii sounds like a lot of fun to me! My name is Kayla, and I have been diving for two years now. If you have any problems, questions, or just want to chat, PM me. Otherwise, I hope to get to know you better around the boards!

Safe diving!
Kayla :dazzler1:

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Well, hello neighbor! Have fun in Hawaii!

Don't forget to fill out your profile and dive info, so that we can add context to your future posts. Also, once people know where you are geographically from your profile, you may find that you'll have a whole bunch of new dive buddies to choose from locally.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Aloha and welcome! If y'all happen to be coming to the big isle, Id love to show ya around the best dive spots....Don't worry about the cost of dive gear, it's worth every penny!

Benvenuto a bordo from the middle of Mediterranean sea. :wavey:

Gear are expensive but underwater you need good stuff. It's you life you are playing with...

Welcome Scuba V! Think about your spending this way: you earned that cash for something, right? Not much better use than diving!

:sunny Hi there! My name is Matt. Welcome to Scuba Board! I came here looking for help with my diving dream. I’ve met a lot of nice divers and many helpful divers too. I think you will get the information you need from SB. I look forward to reading more of your posts about your diving adventures. If you’d like to chat, please PM me.
I am looking forward to seeing you some more around the boards!

-Matt-

Welcome to Scubaboard! Remember what they say, "It's only money!" Doesn't make it easier does it? The more dives you do with that great gear you bought will make it worth it, eventually.

Have you shopped for a bankruptcy attorney yet? :D

Howdy!

I just want to join the others in welcoming you to SB. Hope to get to know you around the forums.

Completing your Profile and seperately - keeping your Dive Info up to date helps in future diving discussions. PM me if I can help you learn your way around.

don
:pirate:

Back
Top Bottom