research questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimmie g

New
Reaction score
I'm a (non-traditional) college student and am needing to do some research on scuba diving. I'm interested in total number of certified divers (USA) and number of certifing agencies. Perhaps some other tid-bits of useful information. I've been a PADI diver since 1985 and never get to dive enough. I do have a family vacation planned for the end of September, hopfully the weather will cooperate with my diving plans. Anyway, back to the research, does anyone know any web sights that may help? I tried typical search engines and that's how I found this web site.
Thanks for any and all help
Jimmie G
another Colorado diver!

Welcome to Scubaboard! Glad you found it. The only thing I can think of is to post a question asking what agencies divers here were certified through and then individually contacting those agencies to find out how many divers they've certified. There's probably an easier way, I just don't know what it is. Good luck with your research.

Welcome to the board!
You might try going to www.scubadiving.com and try searching for number of certified divers. I seem to remember an article about that a few years back.

Joe

Thanks for the welcome aboard! I found some info at DEMA. They had stats on last years new ceritifications. I plan a trip with the whole family to Cancun, I hope we slide in between strorms. I'd like to get my wife certified some day, and my six year old too!
Thanks again for your help and look forward to talking again,
Jim Garrett

Howdy!

I just want to join the others in welcoming you to SB. Hope to get to know you around the forums. Have you tried Divers Alert Network, though?

Completing your Profile and seperately - keeping your Dive Info up to date helps in future diving discussions. PM me if I can help you learn your way around.

don
:pirate:

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

It sounds like you've gotten a few good leads on finding this answer. I'll bet if DAN doesn't know the answer that they can point you in the right direction.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

:sunny Hi there! My name is Matt. Welcome to Scuba Board! I came here looking for help with my diving dream. I’ve met a lot of nice divers and many helpful divers too. I think you will get the information you need from SB. I look forward to reading more of your posts about your diving adventures. If you’d like to chat, please PM me.
I am looking forward to seeing you some more around the boards!

-Matt- :chicken:

Back
Top Bottom