Hello to ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PapaSmurf

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm a new diver in the Seattle area. I took my OW class in June. I have 19 logged dives mostly in the Puget Sound but just recently got back from Maui Hawaii and did some awesome dives there.

I got my SSI OW cert from Fifth Dimension in Issaquah, WA. Although the class completes all the SSI requirements they also taught skills following DIR fundamentals. I like the DIR philosophy to diving and am following it as much as possible. I plan to continue my training and eventually take the GUE DIR fundamentals course. We'll see where things go from there.

I like the discussions on ScubaBoard and hopefully I can participate and possibly even contribute.

Hi there, and welcome to ScubaBoard! I live in Burlington, which is only about 60 miles north of Seattle! I think that you will be able to learn a lot here, and hopefully you will be able to post some of your won experiences as well. If you have any questions or problems... OR you just want to chat, PM me! Otherwise, I hope to get to know you better around the boards!

Safe diving!
Kayla :dazzler1:

la la la la la la, la la la la la! Sorry, couldn't help but to sing the smurf themesong. Welcome to the board papa, lemme know if you need a dive buddy one of these days.

Calvin

Welcome to your new home, many of us on scuba board my self included actually some time live hear LOL!!!
there is allot of info on this board and many resources , I my self also was taught in NW many moons ago with a company that now is gone and SSI took them over , I went through a refresher course with SSI and really like there skills set up . I also took a DIR F class and like allot of there stuff, not all but allot!!!!!!!! I do feel the Dir F course is worth taking and you will learn some good skills from that class!!

:D Welcome to Scuba Board PapaSmurf! It’s a good place to know if you are into diving. I enjoy being here. There have been so many people that have offered advice regarding my dream. I hope your question gets answered too. Take care from Matt. :jump013:

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Welcome to the board Papasmurf, so glad you found us. Also congratulation on the new cert and your nice dives in Hawaii.

Don't forget to check the Pacific Nrthwest Orca Bait forum for some local content and to also find other SB members in your area.

Drop us a line after your DIR-F class and pass your thoughts and comments.

safe diving,
Maria

Howdy!

I just want to join the others in welcoming you to SB. Hope to get to know you around the forums. Be sure to check out our Pacifc NW forum for local friends.

Completing your Profile and seperately - keeping your Dive Info up to date helps in future diving discussions. PM me if I can help you learn your way around.

don
:pirate:

Welcome!

:balloon

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Be sure to check out our Pacific Northwest Orca Bait forum to find out what's going on in your local area and find new dive buddies.

I am also planning to take a DIR-F course in the near future. I'll be interested in hearing about your impressions after your DIR-F class. Be sure to post to the DIR forum after you complete the class.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Back
Top Bottom