New Member from Scotland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DougY

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I've just joined the forum and already I have found out some useful info.

I am a late comer to scuba (late 30s) and I wish I had started 20 years earlier.

I got my padi open water and advanced open water 4 years ago and now I try to scuba on every holiday (when I can afford it).

I have dived in Scotland (cold and murkey)
Malta (clear water but no fish)
Australia (lots of large fish)
Grenada (really good mixture of everything)
Cayman Brac (amazing diving)
Dominica (good diving but few large fish)
St Lucia (not bad but too many other divers)
Cook Islands (great diving)
Saba (good diving rough seas)

Cheers
Doug

Hi Doug,
Welcome to Scubaboard!!!
It certainly sounds like you have done quite a bit of traveling. Several of the places you have been are definately on my list to visit.
I hope you enjoy Scubaboard. It can be a great place to find out information, meet dive buddies, or just chat.
Enjoy,
-Mike

:sunny Hi there DougY! My name is Matt. Welcome to Scuba Board! I came here looking for help with my diving dream. I’ve met a lot of nice divers and many helpful divers too. I think you will get the information you need from SB. I look forward to reading more of your posts about your diving adventures. If you’d like to chat, please PM me.

Take care from Matt. :D

Howdy!

I just want to join the others in welcoming you to SB. Hope to get to know you around the forums, and I hope our travel forums are helpful. Be sure to check out our Uk forum, too. A quiet lot, but nice folks, I'm sure

Completing your Profile and seperately - keeping your Dive Info up to date helps in future diving discussions. PM me if I can help you learn your way around.

don
:wink:

Welcome to Scubaboard DougY! I like to greet new members to the greatest diving community I know of. It's always especially wonderful to greet new members from other countries. Glad you've found SB and we look forward to interacting with you around the board.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! I think that you will be able to learn a lot here, and hopefully post about some of your own experiences as well! My name is Kayla, and I have been diving for two years! If you have any questions or problems, or you just want to chat PM me! Otherwise, I hope to get to know you better around the boards!

Safe diving!
Kayla :dazzler1:

Doug,

Welcome to the Scuba Board. There are a lot of friendly people here who are willing to share their knowledge and experiences. It's a good network to have available. (There is the occasional grumpy old troll as well.)

As a fellow Celt (My father was born in Paisley.) I welcome you to our happy band. If I can help with any info, feel free to ask!

BJD (aka Rob)
IANTD Instructor Trainer
Inspiration Re-breather Instructor
DMT

Heya Doug and welcome to the Board! Sounds like there's a few good stories lurking behind some of those dive spots :D ... You'll have to give Florida a try on your next holiday, there's lots to see here. (just stay away from hurricane season)
Cheers,
Vickie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom