Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Patsi

Reaction score
undefinedundefined

Hello everyone, this Scubaboard is a strange place for a person like me to be, but it was here (in my search) that I found some information I was looking for. My husband and some buddies went to Alaska and brought back, in addition to the salmon and halibut, some crab. The guy that they were staying with and fishing with (who lives in Alaska) had them freeze the crab they got -- fresh!! Before we had always cooked the crab first and then froze it. I have cooked crab for dinner for the last two nights and the meat is like mush. I am so dissapointed, but I was not with them and their friend (an Alaskan native, lived there all his life) should know, I would think. Is there anything I can do in cooking this crab to get palitable meat out of it. Not only does it not have any texture, it has no taste. H E L P ! ! ! :06: :06:

:369: Hi there Patsi, my name is Matt. Welcome to the Board! You should enjoy it here, you will find lots of information about diving. You can also meet many nice people too. PM me if you have any further questions. I’ll try to point you in the right spot. Have a fun time here. :auto:

Hi Patsi and welcome! Try posting the question about crab in the Scuba Chef forum here: Yum!

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Since your post is now here in the Introductions and Greets forum I wanted to make sure that I offered you a friendly ScubaBoard "Howdy!" I see that you originally and appropriately posted your question to the Scuba Chef Corner and for some reason it was moved to the Introductions and Greets forum with no explanation. I'll see if we can get a mod to move it back there, so that you can get some appropriate answers to your question and your call for "H E L P ! ! !"

Don't forget to fill out your profile and dive info, so that we can add context to your future posts. Also, once we know where you are geographically, you may find that you'll have a whole bunch of new dive buddies to choose from locally.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Just wanted to welcome you to the Board Patsi, I wish i could help you with your cooking questions, however the oven and I still have unresolved issues :05:

gfisher4792:
Hi Patsi and welcome! Try posting the question about crab in the Scuba Chef forum here: Yum!
She did, and it got moved over here?

Howdy!

I just want to join the others in welcoming you to SB - the biggest in the world and best! Hope to get to know you around the forums. Be sure to check out our various forums.

Completing your Profile and seperately - keeping your Dive Info up to date helps in future diving discussions. PM me if I can help you learn your way around.

don
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom