New Member, Old Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pax

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm New To Scubaboard But Not To Diving. I Have Been A Divemaster Since 1985 But Mostly Dive For Pleasure Or Search And Salvage Now. My New Bride And I Left Grand Cayman On One Of The Last Flights Before Ivan Hit And From The Pictures I've Seen It Was A Great Decision To Leave When We Did. Hello To All On Scubaboard.

pax:
I'm New To Scubaboard But Not To Diving. I Have Been A Divemaster Since 1985 But Mostly Dive For Pleasure Or Search And Salvage Now. My New Bride And I Left Grand Cayman On One Of The Last Flights Before Ivan Hit And From The Pictures I've Seen It Was A Great Decision To Leave When We Did. Hello To All On Scubaboard.

Welcome Pax. I'm one of he older divers on the board too. Have been diving since 1958 but never got into the instructing stuff. I just have a passion for the activity that increases as I get older. Glad you got out of GC before Ivan. Even though it wasn't in the news that much, they took a pretty bad hit. What's some of your dive experiences?

Barracuda2

:happywave Hello there pax, welcome to Scuba Board! I have been impressed with the help I’ve received from here. You came to the right place to seek advice and see what other divers are up to. Take care from Matt. :walksmil:

I Worked For A Local Shop For 8 Years And Took A Lot Of Trips With Them. Got Tired Of That And Started Booking My Own Trips And Diving Where I Wanted To. Here I Do Body Recovery And Search And Salvage For The County When Necessary. I Have Done A Lot Of Ice Diving And Cold Water Diving Living In Wyoming. I Just Got Married Over Labor Day Weekend And Took My Bride To Grand Cayman For The Honeymoon. I Usually Go To Brac And Little Cayman But Thought Grand Cayman Would Offer Her More Of A Variety Of Non Diving Activities Since She Is A Ow Diver With Limited Experience. We Missed Francis On The Way And Got Out Before Ivan So It Worked Out Well.

pax:
. Here I Do Body Recovery And Search And Salvage For The County When Necessary. I Have Done A Lot Of Ice Diving And Cold Water Diving Living In Wyoming.

We have two things in common: I also help out the local sheriffs' depts. when they need some UW searching and recovering. Also, here in Ohio, I have plenty of "cooooold" water experience. When I got my first dry suit in the early 80's, it turned me into a real "softy"; I don't look at my wet suit until about July!

Barracuda2

Hello pax and welcome to Scubaboard. I look forward to learning from your years of experience. See you around the board!

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest! Be sure to check our our Instructor Only forum, and get a neat badge!

Completing your Profile will help in future diving discussions. You can use the Quick Links menu above for this. PM me if I can help you learn your way around.

don :snorkel:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom