The Divemasters Stress Relief Clinic...Enter if you dare...!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Divemonster

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
hi there to all you Divemasters and AI´s

This is The Divemonster. I know exactly what your going thru as a DM and a dive guide !!!!!!! .....so please feel free to vent your aggression, unwind and unload your stress and try to drop your blood pressure right here......so come on tell me your story.... how was your week in hell ???????

how many 1 star ****s have you had to endanger your life today ?
whats the funniest thing with clients you´ve seen ?
whats the strangest question asked ?

The Divemonster is here to help !!

welcome to the circus Divemonster.

You asked for it..............

The day before yesterday me and another Instructor had to teach 24 resort courses (pool and academic section only) and we were given two hours to do it.

38 turned up, some of them an hour late, none of them that could swim, none of who showed any aptitude in the water and most of them so unaware of their surroundings that I wonder how they managed to get off the bus.

We did our job, but only about one third of them went diving. It is days like this that make me agree with Mike Ferarra.

The Divemonster:

This is The Divemonster. I know exactly what your going thru as a DM and a dive guide !!!!!!! ..

Welcome to SB.

I just wanted to let you know that we have a great place for dive pros to hang out. It's called the Instructor to Instructor forum.

All you need do is PM a Mod to get the ball rolling for registraion. :thumb:

Take care, eh?!

The Divemonster:

This is The Divemonster. I know exactly what your going thru as a DM and a dive guide !!!!!!! .....so please feel free to vent your aggression, unwind and unload your stress and try to drop your blood pressure right here......so come on tell me your story.... how was your week in hell ???????

how many 1 star ****s have you had to endanger your life today ?
whats the funniest thing with clients you´ve seen ?
whats the strangest question asked ?

The Divemonster is here to help !!

Aggression? Stress? Blood pressure? If you're feeling these as a Divemaster it is time to make some fun dives with your trusted buddies and give the public a break from you for awhile.

I would not label any of those with whom I've dived "1 star ****s", and with some luck and a lot of preventive awareness have yet to have one endanger my life.

Seen funny things? Got strange questions? Fer sure, fer sure, but this adds to the enjoyment and relief of stress I get from being a Divemaster. I may elaborate on the funnies later if this topic goes in a friendly direction.

Smile and go diving,
theskull

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!

Completing your Profile and seperately - keeping your Dive Info up to date helps in future diving discussions. You can use the Quick Links menu above for this. PM me if I can help you learn your way around.

don :snorkel:

theskull:
Aggression? Stress? Blood pressure? If you're feeling these as a Divemaster it is time to make some fun dives with your trusted buddies and give the public a break from you for awhile.

I would not label any of those with whom I've dived "1 star ****s", and with some luck and a lot of preventive awareness have yet to have one endanger my life.

Seen funny things? Got strange questions? Fer sure, fer sure, but this adds to the enjoyment and relief of stress I get from being a Divemaster. I may elaborate on the funnies later if this topic goes in a friendly direction.

Smile and go diving,
theskull

obviously it would seem i shud move to where u work. when u work for a real dive centre when u take up to 6 clients on each dive up to 4 times a day then u will come across the odd...lets say not very good diver... for which the only remedy is dont dive play tennis or golf but dont dive......lucky u for being in such a nice enviroment....obviously you dont have the mental anguish or torture to go thru that normal working DM´s do. i offer you a season....for free in spain for the summer... then tell me after that to find a remedy......doubtful to say the least. some people do not belong in the water........tune in next week...

The Divemonster:
obviously it would seem i shud move to where u work. when u work for a real dive centre when u take up to 6 clients on each dive up to 4 times a day then u will come across the odd...lets say not very good diver... for which the only remedy is dont dive play tennis or golf but dont dive......lucky u for being in such a nice enviroment....obviously you dont have the mental anguish or torture to go thru that normal working DM´s do. i offer you a season....for free in spain for the summer... then tell me after that to find a remedy......doubtful to say the least. some people do not belong in the water........tune in next week...

I have certainly come across the "odd...lets say not very good diver" many times over, and he/she does consume more of my attention. Still no stress, but then as you point out, I don't do it daily for a living--I do it on weekends for fun.

A season in Spain for the Summer does sound inviting. But not for free, you would have to offer a compensation equivalent to my earnings in my real job.

I do take back my remedy of making fun dives with your trusted buddies to relax since you are so waterlogged already. But I still believe you need to give the public a break from you for a short time while you do something to relax and redirect yourself.

Hope you feel better,
theskull

:mostlysun Hello there Divemasters, my name is Matt and I wanted to welcome you to the community. I think it’s the best board on the internet for divers. The people on here make it a really friendly place. It’s a great place to see what’s going on with divers. Just wanted to make you feel welcome! Take care. :butnhome:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom