Another new guy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Davetul

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, my name's Dave, and I just moved to Guam. I'm looking forward to some pretty nice diving over the next couple years.

I've been diving for about 5 years, but nothing too major, all off the coast of Virginia, and because of deployments none in the last 2 years. I haven't done any advanced work, but I'm planning on it in January if time permits.

Just one basic question for starters...I'm going on a '2 tank dive' next week. I have basic equipment, a standard b/c(only ever put 1 tank on it) and regulator. Am I going to need an equipment upgrade for this?

Thanks and look forward to 'meeting' people here.

Dave

Hi there and welcome to ScubaBoard! If you have any questions or problems, or you just want to chat, PM me! Otherwise, I hope to get to know you better around the boards!

Welcome to the board!

In my experience a two tank dive is actually two single tank dives. And no you won't need different gear.

Joe

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

If you mean two single tank dives, no, you can use the gear you have. If you mean that you will be diving with "doubles" (two tanks at the same time mounted on your back), then you should talk to someone that has experience with that kind of diving. With doubles you will probably need different equipment and should consider getting properly trained before using doubles.

If you haven't been in the water for a long time, doubles is probably not a good way to get "restarted", especially if you've never dove with them before.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

:mostlysun Hello there Dave, my name is Matt and I wanted to welcome you to the community. I think it’s the best board on the internet for divers. The people on here make it a really friendly place. It’s a great place to see what’s going on with divers. Just wanted to make you feel welcome! Take care. :butnhome:

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!

Completing your Dive Info will help in future diving discussions. You can use the Quick Links menu above for this. PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message."

don :shades:

Davetul:
Hi, my name's Dave, and I just moved to Guam. I'm looking forward to some pretty nice diving over the next couple years.

I've been diving for about 5 years, but nothing too major, all off the coast of Virginia, and because of deployments none in the last 2 years. I haven't done any advanced work, but I'm planning on it in January if time permits.

Just one basic question for starters...I'm going on a '2 tank dive' next week. I have basic equipment, a standard b/c(only ever put 1 tank on it) and regulator. Am I going to need an equipment upgrade for this?

Thanks and look forward to 'meeting' people here.

Dave

Hafa Adai Dave,
Welcome to Guam. I have lived and dove here on Guam since 1990 and can honestly say you are in for a treat. Though Guam isn't considered "World Class" diving, it's better than most. As others have already posted, a two tank dive here on Guam is actually two single tank dives. When you get to the boat you will need two full tanks. The boat will normally go to two different sites and you will do a dive at each. If you have any questions about the diving here, or Guam in general drop me a line.
Rooster

Back
Top Bottom