Hello from Pleasant Hill, CA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigjohnp

Reaction score
I'm recently certified and have done 8 dives in Monterey Bay (Brrr). I may be headed to Hawaii in early November for work and play. I'm going to Key West for sure around Thanksgiving. Any advice on diving either one of these locales will be appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome. We have a bunch of people from HI that will probably pitch in and answer any questions you have.

Kyle

Keep proficient by diving locally... You've probably heard this before...(IMHO) If you can dive Monterey you can dive anywhere...

:mostlysun Hello there bigjohnp, my name is Matt and I wanted to welcome you to the community. I think it’s the best board on the internet for divers. The people on here make it a really friendly place. It’s a great place to see what’s going on with divers. Just wanted to make you feel welcome! If you’d like to chat, please PM me. Take care. :butnhome:

Click here to help greet a new member! :happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

I second the recommendations from El Orans for getting answers to you specific questions about Hawaii and Key West.

It sounds like you've got some really cool diving planned. Actually, make that really warm diving! :crafty:

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!

Yeah - blow off Key West and do Key Largo, Tavernier, Marathon or Big Pine, for better diving!

Sizing a photo for your profile or Avatar can be a challenge; I'm a fumbling amateur, but I get the job done, if you'd like any help? PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message."

And if you're going to be in Houston Oct 16 - for the DEMA show or any other reason, you're even invited to a SB Bar-B-Q dinner! Click here: http://scubaboard.com/t73366-swampers-bbq-update-and-current-info.html or PM me for assistance in signing up for it. Dee wanted to know sooner, but she can squeeze a few in late. I wouldn't miss this for anything! :thumb:

don :shades:

Welcome to the board Big John ,from a fellow Pleasant Hill resident!
What shop did you get certified with?
Lots of great info and people here!
Lets go diving!
I have a 4 man reservation for Pt Lobos on November 6th-if anyone pulls out Ill let you know?

Heya BigJohn, Welcome to the board and congrats on your certification :cheering: .. I wish I could give you advice about Hawaii, never been there, but as for the Key's, it's pretty easy diving. Shallow reefs with tons of fish, there's even some shallow wrecks you can check out in Key Largo (The City of Washington and The Benwood). Everyone is on Largo time (nice a slow paced) with little worry. I'm sure you'll have a blast..

Cheers,
Vickie

Drewpy:
Welcome to the board Big John ,from a fellow Pleasant Hill resident!
What shop did you get certified with?
Lots of great info and people here!
Lets go diving!
I have a 4 man reservation for Pt Lobos on November 6th-if anyone pulls out Ill let you know?

Thanks for the reply
I got certified with the Anchor Shack.
I assume that Pt Lobos is a shore dive? I've done one but am still a rookie. Sure, let me know if you have room and don't mind putting up with a rookie.

Any experience with Hawaii or Key West?

Back
Top Bottom