Hi!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zskiraly

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My wife and I are PADI open water certified since 1999, but we both only have 15 dives. Our diving always comes in bunches when we go on an extended vacation. At the end of the month we are going on our honeymoon, which will include 5 days in Fiji where we plan to do a couple of days of diving. From Fiji we go to Australia where we are also planning to dive at several locations. Hopefully we can use some of these dives to obtain additional certs.

Our equipment is not very extensive, but we are slowly accumulating the pieces. We had masks and snorkels for a while now, and we recently bought wetsuits so we don't have to rent those anymore. We are also looking at buying a dive computer so we can more easily keep out of trouble when diving without a guide.

Anyway, that's our diving history in a nutshell. We are looking forward to any advice or other comments.

Zsolt

Hi there Zsolt,
Welcome to Scuba Board - the greatest online place, the fastest growing, and the nicest! You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers about scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. Take care and safe diving from Matt. :thumb:

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your kind words. When I was researching dive computers a couple of days ago I did notice how nice and knowledgeable everyone here is. (I think we're gonna go with the Oceanic Atom.)

I gotta say that one of my first experiences watching television in the 70s in Hungary (where I was born) was watching Jacques Cousteau films. I wanted to dive ever since. Our diving is anything but regular, but it is always a special treat, and I always remember that this is another one of my dreams that has come true.

UPDATE:

Holy Cow ! I just read your webpage Matt ! I am very impressed by your perseverance. For me making my dreams come true is peanuts compared to yours. I feel ashamed that I even mentioned that bit about the Cousteau films. I saw that you like SEALs. Have you tried contacting the Navy for assistance ? For all we know they might already have the capability to take you diving. In any case, I am rooting for you all the way ! Keep us updated !

Zsolt

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Heya Zsolt!!! Welcome to the Board!!!!!! Sounds like your going to have a wonderful honeymoon.....! Best wishes to you both... Make sure to post an update for us when ya'll get back!

Cheers,
Vickie

Hi Zslot

Welcome to the board. I would encourage you to post a report on the diving you do in Fiji and Australia when you get back. Lots of people really value the personal insights about a boat or resort that such accounts give.

I have dived a few times in Australia and snorkeled in Fiji, you are going to have a wonderful time. If you want to get excited ahead go down to Travel Forum and follow the Uncle Pug goes to Fiji thread in Australia and the Pacific section.

Alison

Hi there and welcome to ScubaBoard!! I'm so happy that you decided to join us here!!

There is lots of information that you can find.. and make sure to check out the club that fits your area!

If you need help with anything while you're figuring out where things are around here, send me a PM! (Private Message.. click my user name, and it should give you the option of sending me one!)

Otherwise, I hope to get to know you better around the boards! Have fun, and Happy, Safe diving!!

~Kayla :dazzler1:

Hey Zsolt,

First off, congratulations on getting married :)

Welcome to scubaboard! Be sure to check out the various equipment forums when you're looking at gear. There is a ton of knowledge here. Also, check out the travel forums for the places you want to go. I don't think there's a spot in the world that *someone* on this board has not dove.

Glad you found us! Welcome! :)

Gregg

Hi Humuhumunukunukuapua'a, and everyone else !

Thanks for all your kind words. My wife is a travel nut, so she already has a lot of ideas about where to go diving on our trip. See, we already have a division of labour ;-)

Anyway, yes, we have spent a lot of time researching our dive computer purchase, including reading user review on this board. We decided on the Atom because it is a computer that can handle most situations, and it is something that we will not outgrow for a long time.

Of course, after we get back we will share our experiences with you guys.

(On a trip to Hawaii I spent almost half a day memorizing the name of their state fish - humuhumunukunukuapua'a. It's a cool looking fish too.)

Zsolt

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
Hey Zsolt,

First off, congratulations on getting married :)

Welcome to scubaboard! Be sure to check out the various equipment forums when you're looking at gear. There is a ton of knowledge here. Also, check out the travel forums for the places you want to go. I don't think there's a spot in the world that *someone* on this board has not dove.

Glad you found us! Welcome! :)

Gregg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom