New aspiring Pacific NW diver here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JasonH20

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everyone! I've been lurking :lurk_2: around here alot the past couple weeks and figured it's about time to introduce myself!

I'm a 3rd generation Seattleite (Seattle, Washington that is) but currently live in Redmond, about 15 miles East of Seattle. I've been married 6 years and have a 2 year old son. My current hobby of massive expense is performance driving, but 3 weeks ago on vacation on Kauai I got bit by the SCUBA bug. Hmm, I hope my wife doesn't make me choose one or the other!

Actually I first tried SCUBA about 5 years ago doing an introductory resort dive on Maui. I loved it and meant to get certified afterwards when back home, but didn't pursue it and it dropped off my radar screen. :( So last month I was back in Hawaii and remembered how much fun diving was in Maui, so decided to do another intro dive there. It was just as much fun as I remembered, and I ended up making 4 shore dives near Poipu. Again I renewed my vow to get certified!

I got back home and immediately started searching the internet and quickly found this website (kudos to those responsible, it's a great site even beyond the fact it's a diving site!) Reading everyone’s posts kept the flame alive this time and I got registered in a class. First class was last night and provided all goes well I’ll have my OW certification early in January.

I initially intended just to get my certification for use on vacations. Funny I never realized that I lived in one of the top rated dive areas for the WORLD! :wow_2: After reading more and more about it though, I might try to become a regular PNW diver. My OW class included an option to include dry suite training at the same time, which I opted for. Provided all goes well and I like the added challenges diving here, I now plan to get as much diving as possible in here between vacations.

Happy diving!
Jason

Welcome Jason, and congrats on working on your ow cert. Lemme guess...you did your Kauai dives at Koloa Landing? Had a great dive there last winter.

You're right, there is some awesome diving to be had all around the Puget Sound.

Good luck with your class.

Hey there JasonH20, welcome to Scuba Board! :butnhome:

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Howdy Jason,

Welcome to Scubaboard, and welcome back to the sport!

Make sure to share your experiences as you learn to dive in the PNW. I expect you'll find it a little different than Hawaii!

Welcome from another PNW rookie! I was certified in the warm climes of Key Largo and I'm getting ready to go on my first Puget Sound dives in a couple of weeks. Good luck with class!

Hey!
Welcome to scubaboard, don't I know you?
Just kidding.
Surprised nobody told you to fill out your profile, so I will.
I too got bit by the scuba bug and this forum helps with the long SI's between vacations.
Good luck on the certification.
David

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

Be sure to check out our New2Scuba forums and Pacific North West club forum. I hope to come up there towards the end of the summer.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

WELCOME to ScubaBoard!!!
My guess is that you've already checked out the "PNW Orca Bait" forum, but I'll mention it in case not. That's where you'll find many of the SCUBA ADDICTS in your area.
Good plan on the Dry Suit lessons, it can get nippy there.
Good to have you with us.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom