Skream1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SKREAM1

Registered
Reaction score
Hi to all on the board. I'm a Canadian diver with only about 6 years of dives in. I have met alot of great dive people in some more recent dives in North Carolina(Beaufort), Mexico and Cuba. I suspect that some of those same people are on the board. I'd still consider myself a relative newbie(still diving wet-even in 36 degree (farenheit) waters up here in Ontario. I have a background in history which makes for great wreck interest.

WELCOME, again, to ScubaBoard!!!
Now that you're back, I hope you get a warm (or cold, your choice) wet welcome.
Please fill in a couple blanks on your profile to help us get to know you better. If you need any assistance, PM me and we can hammer something out together.
PMing is easy, just click on my name, NoMaster, and (I think) it's the third choice, "send a personal message to NoMaster" and a screen will, by the magic of the cyber gods, appear then you can send a note.

Tom

SKREAM1:
diving wet-even in 36 degree (farenheit) waters up

Yikes, that's waaaay to cold for me to even consider, your a heck of a lot tougher than me... :) Welcome to the Board, if your ever down this way, let us know, it's nice and warm :D here

Cheers,
Vickie

Howdy!

Glad you came back here and posted an Intro after your other got moved to Florida!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

Wet suit in 36F water? Ouch! I'm afriad I'd get a nuber of dives out of one fill, as I wouldn't last long. But then, 50F is as cold as I've done so far.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Hello again! Glad you came back and posted an Introduction since your other thread got moved. Glad to have you on the board!

Welcome to the board. Diving wet in 36F - I am impressed. How short are your dives? :wink: Seems like something to do just to say that you did it but to dive that regularly...wow. Anyway, glad to see you on board and we look forward to reading more from you. Safe diving.

Hi there and welcome to ScubaBoard! I think that you are really going to enjoy it here! There are so many things to learn, and I think that we can learn some things from you too!

If you have any questions or problems, or you just want to chat, send me a PM, or e-mail me at kayla@scubaboard.com

Have fun, and safe diving!

Kayla! :dazzler1:

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Sounds like you've done some diving in some really cool places! Pun intended. At least it sounds like Mexico and Cuba were nice and toasty. :D

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or respond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Hey People,
Thanks to all for the welcome.
Can't figure why you don't dive here in Ontario. My diving in 36F water isn't that unusual; even though it was the middle of August. We regularly have water temps in the low 40's F. on our wreck dives in Kingston depending on the month. But we also use 7mm wet suits. For the most part our 3mm suits are for U.S. and tropical dives. There are more and more dry suiters up this way and that's likely the route I'll go as I age gracelessly. :{)
Our dives on singles are about 28 minutes. Once you have been in cold water it gets easier to do. Mind you alot of us Cdn divers are somewhat fuzzy as to details on the second dive of the day.

I've got to say that the replies thus far, while short, are giving me an idea of what to expect in Fla. Thanks to all.

Back
Top Bottom