Hello from Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

totally reel

Reaction score
Hello, My husband and I were Open water certified this past summer. Always wanted to dive but never got to do it until now, too involved with raising kids and self employed business. We went to St. Lucia for our 20th wedding anniversary in August and had a wonderful dive experience, it is so beautiful there, nothing like mud diving off of Sebastian.
We are going to the FL keys over Christmas, hope to get on a dive boat down there. If anyone has any recommendations or suggestions please let me know.

Hi and welcome to the board. Perhaps if you post this question in the Florida section you may have a better chance of it being answered by the locals down there. I am pleased to hear that your anniversary went well and that you have now been bitten by the diving bug. Enjoy many years of safe diving. :)

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

One of the most active Dive Club forums here is the Florida Conch Divers Take a look, post, make new friends nearby. There are many great operators from Key Largo to Big Pine, with Key West being the only possible exception. I have my favorites along the Overseas Hiway, but I'll let you judge from what you read on that forum.

It would help in future diving discussions if you'd complete your Profile with location. You can use the Quick Links in the bar above for such changes. And sizing a photo for your profile or Avatar can be a challenge; I'm a fumbling amateur, but I get the job done, if you'd like any help?

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Hello and welcome to our world of diving in Florida :wink: There are going to be trips coming up when the new year comes in down to the Keys as well as plenty just south of you throughout the rest of the time.

Dive Quest in Islamorada is a nice dive center, Bill is a doll.I just came back. Temps are around 85. Water is as blue as the sky

Heya and welcome to the Board.... Make sure to check out that link Don posted for you, watch it often. We're always up to something and everyone is always welcome to attend. my hubby and I went to Key Largo for our 1st anni. last June, it was wonderfully beautiful. Nice warm temps, clear water, and great people to hang out with.
If you need anything, please feel free to pm me or send me an email at baitedstorm@scubaboard.com

Cheers,
Vickie

Hi, welcome to the Scubaboard. You'll find lots of info here. I have had good luck with the HMS Minnow in Key Largo. 6-pack boat with more freedom than many of the cattleboats. Holiday Inn is a good place to stay. If you dive with the Minnow, Jeff (the owner) will get you a discount at the HI. good luck.

Welcome the board! I am sure you will find a lot of new, advice, friends, discussions, info, etc here that will help you a lot! Enjoy!

Ed and Liz

Back
Top Bottom