Hello from Copan Ruinas, honduras.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tanya in Copan

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone needing information on Copan please email me, twistedtanyas.com A great spot for winding down after a good week or two of diving! I will let you know what is going on and the safest way to travel. Or when in Copan just pop into the resturant and get all the tourist tips you need. Happy Diving Tanya :wink:

Tanya...I've been to Roatan, so I know where that part of Honduras is, but where is Copan? Is that one of the islands near Roatan?

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

ToriiDiver:
Tanya...I've been to Roatan, so I know where that part of Honduras is, but where is Copan? Is that one of the islands near Roatan?

Hi there, Copan is on the mainland next to Guatamarla, the conection i have with diving is Roatan, i lived there for 5 years, and moved the Copan, for a change and the mountians, But we have many people come here because its only a couple of hours from San Pedro Sula, and a good place to detox!! And hang befour the flight home. And the Myan Ruinas of course. Tow different worlds so close together.
Tanya

Hi Tanya in Copan, my name is Matt. I would like to welcome you to the Board! and safe diving. :balloon

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Tanya in Copan:
Hi there, Copan is on the mainland next to Guatamarla, the conection i have with diving is Roatan, i lived there for 5 years, and moved the Copan, for a change and the mountians, But we have many people come here because its only a couple of hours from San Pedro Sula, and a good place to detox!! And hang befour the flight home. And the Myan Ruinas of course. Tow different worlds so close together.
Tanya

Welcome Tanya. I love ruins. My husband and I almost always include diving and ruins in our trips. We have been to Mexico 4 times and visited many of the ruins there like Tulum, Chichen Itza, Ek Balam, Coba, Uxmal, Labna, Sayil, Calakmul, Becan, and others and then dive in Cozumel and once in Xcalak.

We just got back last week from Belize and Guatemala and saw the ruins of Coracal and Xunantunich in Belize and Yaxha and Tikal in Guatemala. Tikal is unbelieveable. But because of sinus problems I wasn't able to dive this trip so we didn't even see the ocean! Didn't want to make myself feel worse for not being able to dive. LOL We just went to ruins, caving, kayaking, hiking etc. Still a wonderful trip.

I hope to see Copan and Palenque someday. How far from diving is Copan???

Wow you have done the ruinas! They say the Tikal is the New York and Copan is the Paris........... We are 5/6 hours away from the islands. And there is soon to be an airport 45 min away from Copan. Which will make life easyer. And there are Coffee Finkas and Hot Springs and Hours Riding, so there are plenty of things to keep us ocupied up here in the mountains. And easy to nip to the Islands for some fun. So hope to see you pass this way one day! Tanya

Tanya in Copan:
Anyone needing information on Copan please email me, twistedtanyas.com A great spot for winding down after a good week or two of diving! I will let you know what is going on and the safest way to travel. Or when in Copan just pop into the resturant and get all the tourist tips you need. Happy Diving Tanya :wink:

Welcome to Scubaboard :dance:

I love the mountains Tanya. Grew up in them. It would be worth coming even if I couldn't dive. There is more to life than just diving! (Well maybe, LOL)

I'll let you know if we make it there, maybe next year. Hay otras ruinas cerca de alli?

Back
Top Bottom