New from South Jersey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jschili

Reaction score
Hello,

New to the site and the sport. making the most of it and trying to get out of the quarry and into some saltwater. Planning some future trips including North Carolina (leaving this Sunday) and then the Keys (still need to plan). Open and would appreciate any and all advice as to some good "beginner" level ocean dives in the aformentioned areas.

What part of South Jersey? My finace is from Vineland.

welcome aboard, jschili

don't know about North Carolina, but almost any dive in the Keys is good for
beginners, except the deeper wrecks (such as the Spiegel Grove)

Just outside of Philly, near Camden...Elmer/Vineland is about 40 min. away. Used to work in Vineland and have friends from Elmer...belong to the USANA sportsman's club down there..nice, small close knit community

Howdy!

I want to join the others in welcoming you to ScubaBoard.com, and I hope you both enjoy it and find it helpful as you learn your way around here.
Just in case you missed it, click the following read this simple guide A beginner's guide to the ScubaBoard.Com forums by Tech Admin & team. It is pinned at the top of the Intros forum here so you can go back to at anytime.

NC certainly has some good off shore diving, and you're right - Florida Keys are a good goal to shoot for. I've dived a lot of sites around North America, but love The Keys, still!

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

DandyDon:
Howdy!

I want to join the others in welcoming you to ScubaBoard.com, and I hope you both enjoy it and find it helpful as you learn your way around here.
Just in case you missed it, click the following read this simple guide A beginner's guide to the ScubaBoard.Com forums by Tech Admin & team. It is pinned at the top of the Intros forum here so you can go back to at anytime.

NC certainly has some good off shore diving, and you're right - Florida Keys are a good goal to shoot for. I've dived a lot of sites around North America, but love The Keys, still!

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

thanks Don, I am sure I will be in touch!

jschili:
Just outside of Philly, near Camden...Elmer/Vineland is about 40 min. away. Used to work in Vineland and have friends from Elmer...belong to the USANA sportsman's club down there..nice, small close knit community

Welcome to the board. I'm in Marlton myself. We have a dive club in the area if you are interested. I don't know if you are interested in ocean dives up here, but we do a lot of them. PM me if you wont more info.

V.

Viscya:
Welcome to the board. I'm in Marlton myself. We have a dive club in the area if you are interested. I don't know if you are interested in ocean dives up here, but we do a lot of them. PM me if you wont more info.

V.

Will do..are you speaking of the South Jersey Dive Club or Planet Ocean Divers or some other club? I'd like to make a trip off the Jersey coast but do choose do go at my own pace....so I'm looking for a somewhat easy and somewhat shallow beginner dive off of our coast for starts......any suggestions? I understand Jersey can be one of the most unforgiving.

jschili:
Hello,

New to the site and the sport. making the most of it and trying to get out of the quarry and into some saltwater. Planning some future trips including North Carolina (leaving this Sunday) and then the Keys (still need to plan). Open and would appreciate any and all advice as to some good "beginner" level ocean dives in the aformentioned areas.

Welcome!

Maybe you should check out Dutch Springs on the weekend of May 21st if you are considering local dives... DUI is having their "demo day", and you learn all about dry suits and dive in them all weekend!

I went last year and had a great time.. considering a purchase now. You don't actually need the dry suit card. I had one at the time, so they let me go out with any buddy, but if you aren't dry suit certified, one of the volunteers will go with you and help you get the hang of it.

Not hard at all, and it makes northeast diving FUN!!! $19 to register, includes a barbecue and some great lectures (as well as the use of the suits)...

Back
Top Bottom