Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mels_2

Reaction score
I am another newbie my husband and I have taken our classes and are due to retake our certification dives this weekend. Our first attempt we passed the snorkel skills test and then couldn't clear our ears and were kicked out of the water...lol guess our instructor thought it better not to blow our ear drums. So we have cleared our head colds and are going back this this weekend. I'm a little nervous since I haven't been in the pool in 3 weeks, and haven't had the chance to do ny mask clears or retreavals. The local dive shop recommened we check out this site since we are also planning a vacation for our tenth anniversary and its all planned around us getting certified. hoping for the best. crossing my fingers and thinking about following the smallest bubbles.

Hi Mels_2, welcome to SB, I see you already have posted in the Carribean forum.
Just jump in with both feet. Good luck on your cert dives and have fun and learn here on the board.
David

welcome to the board. Get to a pool and practice. Good luck and congrats on ten years.

Just keep trying at it, practice ear clearing at home, out of the water, get your ears used to the mechanics of it (not too hard mind), there are a variety of methods to use (search on here to find them - that's how i found SB) as well as warming them up (i chew gum for this). Remember to stretch your neck out when you do it and early (at surface) and often (every few feet) and as long as you dont have any congestion, it should work out eventually - i know mine took a little time to work though.

Welcome.

Howdy and welcome y'all to SB.com

You are both welcome to respective memberships and Usernames - two for the price of nothing.

enjoy! don :cowboy:

Back
Top Bottom