Travel and diving tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ROXANNE

Artist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499

Well we are getting so close to the INVASION!!!!! :D
I thought we could touch base on some of the great ideas that everyone had on preparing, packing, travel, and dive tips. For some this is old hat, so share your knowledge.

I’ll get things started…

DON'T FORGET These Items!
Airline tickets/info for going and return flights
Passports (I also make a copy of it and put it in my carry on)
Driver’s License or if you don’t have one, some other form of picture ID.
Certification Cards (Down load Dive Paradise form and fill it out ahead of time)

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/invade-cozumel-june-12-19-2011/376692-dive-paradise-website.html
DAN and Health Insurance Cards
Credit Cards (call you card company, let them know when and where you’ll traveling)
(Some CC company charge an extra fee for transactions when out of the country)
Small Bills (1’s, 5’s, 10’s and 20’s go a long way)
Prescription Medication (keep it in the prescription bottle with your name on it)
Over the counter medications that you may need
(You can find a lot of the same products in Cozumel, but the packaging may look different and the instruction will probably be in Spanish)
Sunscreen (biodegradable if possible for the coral reefs health)
Sunglasses (polarized are better for gazing into the water)
Hats
Bug spray (if the bugs find you tasty)

I like to be organized (can’t you tell) so I have a travel checklist on file that I printout. That way, I don’t have to think too much about remembering what I need. The list includes everything that might be needed. If somethings on the list don’t apply to this trip, I just cross it off. I also include things to do like stopping the mail, newspaper and calling the credit card companies.

I'm going to the Invasion. Are you?
Jump in with the rest of the crew while space is still available!

Last edited:
CARRY ON ANY ITEMS THAT YOU CAN’T AFFORD TO LOSE.
(Don't forget, Men and Women are allowed to have a personnal item purse/back pack/briefcase in addition to their carry on)

ID’s, Credit Cards, Cash etc.
Any Cameras/Electronics
You’re Regulators
Prescription Medication
Glasses/Contacts
Jewelry

For anything in question or liquid form, check with your airline.
TSA will take it and throw it away!

Put your name, address, and phone number in all your bags including your carry on and personal item in case they become lost or separated from you.

Put some of each persons items in each checked bag. That way if one of the bags get lost, you still have some of your things.

We like to use baby shampoo for mask defog. :D

My feet get blisters and take a beating while diving sometimes, so I wear the thin trouser socks. It also helps your feet slip into your wetsuit! :D

A lightweight cooler bag is a great way to carry those bigger underwater cameras. They give the camera some protection and are easy to rinse out. :D

I like to be organized (can’t you tell) so I have a travel checklist on file that I printout. That way, I don’t have to think too much about remembering what I need. The list includes everything that might be needed. If somethings on the list don’t apply to this trip, I just cross it off. I also include things to do like stopping the mail, newspaper and calling the credit card companies.

any chance we can get you to post this "checklist" for all to use?

Your ATM card. Most restaurants won't take credit cards and you can withdraw from 3,000 to 5,000 pesos withdrawal per day depending on the machine. You get more bang for your buck.

If you carry a camera don't forget extra batteries.

If you are bringing a laptop, camera, or dive light that needs recharging bring an extension cord along with a power strip. Most rooms don't have enough plugs or they are in the wrong place.

Years ago we stayed at Hotel Meson in the square. The plug in the whole room that was accesible was under the dresser. Had to plug in the hair dryer there.

any chance we can get you to post this "checklist" for all to use?

Just remember that this is my list to use as an example.
View attachment Tavel Checklist.pdf
It does save time and brain cells, especially if you travel alot. :)

Thanks Rox. You Rock!

Woolite is great for washing some clothes in the bathtub/sink
Ladies, don't forget the leave-in conditioner so you're hair won't get as tangled/knotted up :D
- Oh, and lots of hairbands to keep it all at bay!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom