Some questions for an upcoming trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fobturbo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I will be visiting Ishigaki/Okinawa for vacation in early October and wanted to get some SCUBA diving in as well. I am debating whether or not to bring my BCD & reg. right now. How much are rentals in the area? What water temperatures should I be expecting? I am primarily a cold water drysuit diver, and will at least need to be renting a wetsuit for ~3 days, unless it's better to buy one.

EDIT: I did take a quick peek through the local knowledge thread and got some general temps, but nothing on rental prices.

matt

We rent full kit for Y4000 per day. A BC is Y1000 Reg is Y1500 per day, wet suit is Y1000 per day also, mask fins , booties Y1000. Water temp is still up in the high 20's and should be there for another month or so before we start to see it dip. Rental gear in Ishigaki will probably be higher usually about Y5000 for full kit.

If you are planning on diving I would bring my reg and BC.

Back
Top Bottom