Ishigaki/Okinawa diving trip late sept/early Oct.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neshma

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks Japan-Diver for your previous advice, I've decided that heading south is the way to go and looking for abit more local knowledge.

Basically planning on 2 weeks (September 25th or so until early October this year) of staying on island doing a few dives per day (possibly my rescue cert, im an 80+ Adv with deep/wreck & nitrox as well as a medical doctor looking to build some scuba-med skills!).

Really im looking to find somewhere quiet where I can write in the evenings (or have a few beers with some fellow divers) followed by diving during the day. Im really keen to get to Manta point (never had the chance to dive with mantas, only devil-rays in the solomon islands and they are a real favorite of mine) and wouldnt mind checking out the "ruins" at Yonaguni.

Weighing up my options I figured that Okinawa would end up being cheaper in terms of transport and accomodation but I like the idea of being abit more remote in Ishigaki. I'd ideally like a small dive shop with nearby accomodation where I can sit in a hammock and write on my laptop in the evenings :p

Id love some advice as im not 100% on either options, suggestions of who to dive with and where to stay would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much everyone :)

For Ishigaki, google Kabira bay and look at some photos.... Combo options are possible and great value
http://www.umicoza.com/english/service/acomopack.html

I used them before. They speak English and can sort things out for you.

I have less experience with Okinawa main island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom