Any teens in KY that dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barb2

Reaction score
Hi,
We are considering a move from Chicago and have a 14 year old son who LOVES to dive! We haven't narrowed down exactly where in the state to move, so thought I'd try to get a little more info. that may help us decide.
Does anyone know of any teens in KY that dive? If so, what area of the state do they live in? Or, any particular site that they dive at? It seems there are a few quarries/lakes where he can go, but he'll need a buddy.
By the way, he'd be absolutely MORTIFIED if he knew I was writing this. You know....according to him, he certainly doesn't need any help from his Mom!!
Thanks for any info.,
Barb

jpsexton's son is certified but I'm not sure how much he dives. Seen a couple younger folk at Joe's..aka Falling Rock.

I've seen a whole lot over the years being certified at Joe's. But it seems most do not continue their diving education or are just not interested in quarry diving.
I'm sure if you move towards the Louisville area your son will find a buddy.

My son does dive but he has'nt had a buddy his age so it's mostly been vacation diving for him. He has a freind that got certified last fall and says he's going to dive more this spring. We'll see. :wink:

If you guys move down here be sure to post. Maybe they can get together.

How old is PADIknight's daughter?? Or do girls have cooties at that age?? :D

My mind alwasy fits in a teenage category..... :wink:

Hi, guys -
Thanks for the posts & I'll definitely post again if/when/where we decide to move.
As far as girls having "cooties" at this age.....well, my son definitely doesn't think THEY have cooties. But, unfortunately for him, I'm afraid maybe the girls aren't so sure that he doesn't! :)
Barb

:rofl3:

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, "hoosier," if you make the move to this area you will love it. I can speak on this subject since, I'm not from around here!

I've been all over the country and this is my second life in Louisville, locals pronounce it as "Luhavull." If you make the trip down, give us a shout! I'm sure we can get your son into the water with some GREAT divers. BTW do you dive? Remember, we are coming up on the GREAT run for the roses, can you say, "2 week festival for a 2 minute horse race?" Nothing like it in the country. Starts off with, "Thunder over Louisville," a day of a great air show culminating in the largest fireworks display in North America! Even if you don't move, make plans for this event in advance, we had 800,000+ on the river last year!

Darn, am I sounding like a real estate agent or what? :confused: I'm done! :D

All ya'll come dive with us now..ya hear? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom