Dive shops in NKY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KyPete

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a dive shop in N.KY? I know there are several across the river in Cincy, but I live about halfway between Cincy and Lex. and know of a good shop in Lex. So, I was looking for something a little closer to home.

There are only two that I know of Central Coast and The Scuba Shack. I have not bought anyting more than a light bulb at CC but my reg and computer came from SS. Its a very nice little shop my only complaint is that they are very unwilling to discount, though he did match an internet price on Sea Life reef master camera. The other plus is that the owner Jim is a nice guy. I know the water rescue guys from your area get their gear from him.

Central Coast Dive Center is on Dudley Rd in Ft Wright (I believe that is Ft Wright anyway). They have a nice shop and the people are pretty friendly. I have used them for my airfills and tanks inspections. They seem to be reasonably priced. In the back of their store is their pool for confined training.

Central Coast is on Dudley but I don't think its Ft. Wright. Any way you would take the covington/Independence exit off of 275. The Scuba Shack is located on Rt. 18 in Florence. It is the opposite direction of Mall Road and there is a large bus in the parking lot painted with a dive flag motiff.

No bus, but they have a big dive flag on the sign. VERY nice people. My only complaint is they only carry Mares and Dacor stuff for the biggies. For a better selection of gear, I've been to Scuba Unlimited out on Beechmont Ave.

If you need air fills or little stuff... I like Central Coast, that's where I did my training and would recommend them to anyone.

Rachel

Thanks guys...I'd heard of Scuba Shack, but didn't know where it was...hadn't heard of the other shop. I mainly need a place to rent some tanks (the only thing I don't own), especially if I start hitting some of the local/regional dive spots. Otherwise, I just want a place to browse from time to time.

THE SCUBA SHACK IS I THINK THE BEST OF THE TWO DIVE SHOPS IN NKY GOOD SELECTION GREAT PEOPLE AND WHO CAN GO WRONG WITH THE BIG BUS IN THE PARKING LOT "THE COCONUT EXPRESS" GIVE THERE WEB SITE A LOOK AT WWW.SCUBASHACK.CC THINK YOU WILL BE SURPRISED HOW CUSTOMER FRIENDLY THEY ARE.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom