Good conditions at Falling Rock today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Cloudy day but warm. Some wind. Air temp right at 80. Water temps--65 at the surface and 48 at 36 feet. Viz was about 10 maybe 12 feet. Lots of algae bloom so it was a little hazy:wink: Saw a nice channel cat and a couple of bass. Of course the ever present bluegill were hanging around.

We ate at Cracker Barrel after the diving was done. Just as we were ready to leave there a storm hit with lots of lightening and heavy rain. Glad we got the 3 dives in today.

I'll be back tomorrow(Sunday the 11 th)

great to see those that were there. I am sorry that we didn't get this one posted but keep a look out as most of our outtings will be posted so anyone who wants to come can. :D

Chad

a little less comfortable today. Surface temp was down just a couple of degrees. The lowest temp I read at depth was 53. The biggest difference was the air temp, which was 12 degrees cooler than yesterday and it was quite windy. No sun while in the shelter made it kinda cool but the wind was enough to ofset the warmth of the sun. The morning storm raised the water level about 3 inches from yesterday!!

First dive of the day 1 hour. Second dive 33 minutes.

I was dissappointed that I did not get a chance to get out there today. My father had some heart troubles and was in the hospital so I did not make it.

I hope your father is doing better. I too am sorry I didn't get out today or all weekend for that matter. Sounds as if the water is warming up nicely. I am looking forward to hopefully getting in the water next weekend.

ZoCrowes255 once bubbled...
I was dissappointed that I did not get a chance to get out their today. My father had some heart troubles and was in the hospital so I did not make it.

he is feeling better and I will remember him in my prayers.

Chad

I won't be able to get wet until probable mid June, due to a lovely blue cast on my arm. I'll just be sunning on the rock, while the birds circle overhead signaling for me turn over, telling me I'm done. :D :eek:ut:

Oh yeah ... Don't ask ;-0

KyMermaidDivr once bubbled...

Oh yeah ... Don't ask ;-0

Anyone want to go rollerskating? :D

Chad

KyMermaidDivr once bubbled...
I won't be able to get wet until probable mid June, due to a lovely blue cast on my arm.

Chad, am I going to have to come down there and have a "talk" with you? :wink:
Ber :bunny:

the buzzards circling overhead waiting for you to be done:D

Zocrowe--hope your Dad is better. I think we will be down there one day this weekend. Maybe we'll see you there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom