Labor Day weekend @ Pennyroyal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crpntr133

lost, even with a compass
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Labor Day weekend September 5-7...diving @ Pennyroyal....need I say more? :)

OK so I should say more. The group that dove FRP last weekend decided to dive Pennyroyal Labor Day weekend. It was reported that they have built MORE shelters quarry side. The cabin on the hill is done and ready to rent. And many changes are on the way.
For those that have never been there or are just getting certified, we don't care we will dive with you. Check out the above link to Pennyroyal and you will see that they have depths for everyone. Including those deco divers (hint, hint, hint)

I know that I will be camping for the weekend and maybe be there on Friday evening. Just depends on the schedule.

Yes! Wally I'll be there that weekend. I may have students, but don't know as of right now. I have a sign- up sheet at Aquatech, but no takers as of right now. May get a couple, may get nothing. I am even planning on camping out Sat. night, that weekend. Even if I have a class, I should be able to do a Deco dive on Sun. after he class, as I only have to make 1 dive that day with the class. The last dive on Sun. is one they plan & execute themselves whilst I observe from shore.

The rumors you heard about the shelters is true. Last Wed. & Thurs. Dennis had the frames up & was building more equipment tables, but had not put the metal roofing up yet. It stretches from one end of the waterfront to the other. 1 continuous shelter.

Last edited:
Monica and I will be there for sure. May bring Lauren if her work schedule permits. We'll probably be camping also.

A brief word of warning about Pennyroyal. Last year's crop of Bluegill,....er,.... I mean KY Piranha have turned especially viscious to divers lately with several attacks, including myself. They tend to have a blood drawing thirst for the especially for ears but are not against going for any exposed skin. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!:D

That's the last big boating weekend on Lake Beshear but I'll try to sneak off one day, most likely Saturday, to say hi to everyone aand take a swim or two.

COOOOLLL!!! A deco dive is on the plans. How does Pennyroyal do their nitrox? Banked, partial pressure, etc?

I have around 600psi of 100% so we can plan around that. I was just thinking that if he banked I might get a nitrox fill.

I have around 600psi of 100% so we can plan around that. I was just thinking that if he banked I might get a nitrox fill.

He does not. They partial pressure blend. I did 2 night dives there last night and noticed a sign that I had now previously seen. It said "Nitrox up to 40%".

You can get your back gas made to order but not your deco gas.

I will also warn you, if you have LP tanks, they will not go above 2640. If you have HP tanks, expect a fill to cool down to 3100-3150 as they fill tanks pretty fast.

He does not. They partial pressure blend. I did 2 night dives there last night and noticed a sign that I had now previously seen. It said "Nitrox up to 40%".

You can get your back gas made to order but not your deco gas.

I will also warn you, if you have LP tanks, they will not go above 2640. If you have HP tanks, expect a fill to cool down to 3100-3150 as they fill tanks pretty fast.

Looks like Bob has been hanging out with some tech divers. :)..back gas, deco gas. BTW, deco gas could be 40%. Probably not the best choice but it could be used.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom