Lake Cumberland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ky-Dwn-Under

Reaction score
Went diving at Cumberland 2 weeks ago. The Surface temp was 72 degrees and at 60ft the temp was around 54 degrees. We have had a good run of dry warm weather lately and are going to dive today. I'll let you know about the visibility as well as the water temp. I expect visibility to be lower than normal because of the holiday weekend and all the vacationers, but as long as I'm under the water things are good. :D

Interesting.... I didn't realize that there was diving in Lake Cumberland... My daughter is heading there with a friend & family this weekend... Sure wish I knew ahead... I would have tried to tag along with all of my gear.... LOL
What is there to see in the Lake? Anything?
Enjoy...
Karen

We've found several things from fishing poles to dive masks. Plenty of fish to see in the shallow water. I know where there is the hull of a wooden barge or boat of some sort. Its about 30 to 40 ft long with large curved wooden beams. Its located across the lake from the state dock. Its not easy to explain where so I would have to show anybody thats interested.

Just how clear is the water at Lake Cumberland? How far is the viz. while diving there? And how shallow a Lake is it?
Thanks....

Visibility at the Lake is usually 8 to 15 feet around the dam which can run close to 200ft. Other parts of the lake can be 0 to 6 ft of visibility. I have not been diving around the eastern part lake which is close to Somerset KY, but there is a dive shop there that will be able to tell you how the visibility is in that section.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom